help install XP themes with *.msstyles filenames in playware

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
The Playware CD of july 2004 issue contained themes with shell changes and contained the file *.msstyles and shellstyel.dll files. How do I apply them. When started msstyle the display props window opened. But the themes I copied were no included in the list. How do I install them. I have XP pro. :?:

You can use styleXP but it can be a bit of a strain on your PC (especially the gfx card).

Better, you can patch the uxtheme.dll file using a multipatcher (www.windowsx.org). Download this file, extract it and run it in SAFE Mode. It will patch the uxtheme.dll file.

your themes should now be visible in the themes dropdown.
And oh, its not at all resource hungry.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
have a look at this pic:
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/sreevirus/taskmgr.jpg

now what do u say?? does style xp look like a resource hog?? and i havent even got a graphix card....its onboard graphix for me.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
style xp aint a resource hog and is probably better than patchin ur comp as patchin will replace some of ur dlls.

godzi_85

In the zone
style xp used to use around 3000K - 4000K of my sys mem.... that`s why i uninstalled it... how come only 504k mem usage on your pc sreevirus??

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
StyleXP wasn't good at all. The themes looked good on the digit CD interface. But when I applied it with styleXP it wasn't convenient. Try reading black font characters with dark blue background. The original XP theme is the best.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Copy those files in C:/Windows/Resources/Themes Folder ..
And Patch your UxTheme.dll (In Safe mode) ..
You will have them in the Themes list after that....

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
download the uxtheme patcher from this site: *www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/9/13-9-100.shtml (latest neowin version 2.0)
(make a backup of uxtheme.dll, just in case)
run the patcher in safe-mode

copy the themes and .msstyles files to this folder: \Windows\Resources\Themes

install style xp (dload the latest version(2.13) with support for sp2 final) *www.tgtsoft.com/download.php
since u may not want style xp to eat ur resources, select "Enable Style XP" and "Run Service Only" in the options tab.

apply the theme of ur choice and enjoy!!!

godzi_85 said:
style xp used to use around 3000K - 4000K of my sys mem.... that`s why i uninstalled it... how come only 504k mem usage on your pc sreevirus??

Told ya. This is the reason I suggested patching the uxtheme.dll file.

adithyagenius said:
StyleXP wasn't good at all. The themes looked good on the digit CD interface. But when I applied it with styleXP it wasn't convenient. Try reading black font characters with dark blue background. The original XP theme is the best.

This happened to me too. So uninstalled it and patched the uxtheme.dll file and it was done. all Digit themes are now perfectly visible in the Themes dropdown.

But StyleXP is a good tool. Just select the proper themes. I have StyleXP running on my other system. Also use it to change boot screens.

EinSTeiN

Broken In
stylexp is not at all resourse hungry, CLICK use no resources in the main window of style xp. Using style xp is better than changing ur dll's.

EinSTeiN

Broken In
sreevirus said:
download the uxtheme patcher from this site: *www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/9/13-9-100.shtml (latest neowin version 2.0)
(make a backup of uxtheme.dll, just in case)
run the patcher in safe-mode

That link no longer works.
Ive uploaded a new and workin verion in my websit
get it at *www.freepgs.com/tejaspratap/theme.zip

AND i now agree that patching uxtheme.dll is better than using stylexp :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom