help in win reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunprabhakar

In the zone
my windows is giving me lots of trouble.
i wud like to do a reinstall. i ve 4 partitions of 10, 40, 40, 63 gb each with win on 10gb partition. now i ve lots of important stuff on other partitions. i want to knw if my contents on other partitions will b affected on reinstalling windows. i dont want to take a chance. so i am here for some help.

OP
V

varunprabhakar

In the zone
u will recommend reinstall from windows itself or by booting thru the cd??
when we install by booting it iasks to format the partition where v want to install. so shud i format it??

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1.) If u want to install a fresh windows, i.e., after formatting existing windows and then install a fresh windows. Then boot using CD and then install windows. But all ur currently installed programs will be lost and u'll hv to reinstall all of them.

2.) If u want to just repair existing windows, then boot using CD and then select the option to repair existing windows installation.

OP
V

varunprabhakar

In the zone
another query: i have incomplete downloads in ares. i dont want to lose them. so shud i copy the download folder?? will i b safe in tht case??

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think it'll not work after reinstall. ;)
But if u'll simply repair the existing windows, then all these downloads remain there and u can resume them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom