1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Help in upgrading my 3 year comp

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by roccstar2, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roccstar2

roccstar2 Banned

Here are my comp specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ Thoroughbred Socket A
    Motherboard model KM266-8235,
    RAM 768 MBytes
    GeForce 6200 (AGP)

Now I want to try and be economical or..cheap.. any way you look at it because I don't think I can scrap up enough money for a completely new comp.

So I would like to know what would be the best proccessor and motherboard I can get for under 8000 Rs.

Thanks for any help

2. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

u r short on budget, for 10k, u can get a Athlon64 3000+ with a Asus A8N-VM motherboard, but u will have u leave the AGP card u have

Even if u go for Intel, in which i would prefer the Pentium D 805 ( if available) for a cheap solution... with an intel original motherboard, u will have to again replace the motherboard.

Last option, Athlon64 3000+ with Asus A8V motherboard, that has an AGP slot without onboard gfx,so u can use your existing solution

however.. why do u want a new CPU at all, your current system is good enough for all nongamings things

3. mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck New Member

what i would suggest is that u sell ur AGP card and with that money along with the money u have already, buy a new AGP card and if possible some more RAM. go for 6600 GT or X800 GTO which should cost u under 10K's. and if u find X800 GTO let me know from where and at exactly how much cost?

cha.

4. thinktwice

thinktwice New Member

i support mavrick ^^^^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.