Help in SUSE 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomb

Broken In
I installed Suse 9.1 from the Digit DVD.I also installed XPde separately(AUGUST 2003 DVD).But XPde has now become the default environment.

Please tell me how to Go into KDE ang GNOME.Also I want to make KDE as the default .How do I go about it ?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Hello Bomb,

when your graphical login prompt comes up (called KDM or GDM) , then there is an option of selecting what graphical desktop you want.... In either of them, click on session types... and select GNOME or KDE3 .... default is the previous desktop that you used....

Bomb said:
Nobody knows Linux here ???
One request, dont call your system as mere Linux.... you see, here the problem was with KDM / GDM... and there was nothing wrong with Linux.... Linux is just the kernel. ...

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
There is no option for selecting the environment.In session types there r only two options restart or shutdown.

Now what ?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
First tell me, what login manager are you using ? is it KDM or GDM..... that option of selecting session types if there in KDM .... please login again....

Otherwise, try creating a new file in you home directory called .xinitrc and add this inside it.... exec gnome-session this would make gnome your default display manager.... and when you give $ startx in shell, then also gnome would start ....

please quote your GNOME and KDE version also....

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
come on guys why pull a heavy log around do you know the kind of mem KDE/GNOME use ? Shift to windowmaker and let your system breath easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom