HELP IN ocing 8600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
:confused:hey guys i have a nvidia xfx 8600 gt card with 512 mb gddr2 ram i tried overclocking the card with ati tool but i am not able to go increase my memory clocks higher than 465 mhx effective 962.800 ..my core clocks are 680 mhz and shader clocks 1504mhz.. plz help me i have an intel dg945 mobo zebronics lava pc case with psu alongwith core2duo e4500:confused:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
:confused:hey guys i have a nvidia xfx 8600 gt card with 512 mb gddr2 ram i tried overclocking the card with ati tool but i am not able to go increase my memory clocks higher than 465 mhx effective 962.800 ..my core clocks are 680 mhz and shader clocks 1504mhz.. plz help me i have an intel dg945 mobo zebronics lava pc case with psu alongwith core2duo e4500:confused:
Use Riva Tuner to overclock ur gfx card that they provide the safer limits of ur card..

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
got the rivatuner and tried to overclock but still memory clocks wont go higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 than 450mhz game crashes

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
How are you over clocking the card..?? Are you just setting new setting, and then playing the game...??

I would suggest, to use ATI Tools (it is compatible with nVidia cards). Increase the core/memory setting 10 notches at a time, and scan for artifacts..for ten minutes..after each increment. Your shader clock should move respectively on its own, since it is linked. Once you get artifacts, come back down a notch at a time. Safe this profile..and GAME ON...!

nvidia

-----ATi-----
DONT try to Overclock XFX 8600s unless you check the at what temperature they are running. If they run above 80C then don't even think about Overclocking.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
well, try reinstalling the drivers along with the rivatuner. and may be, as you have DDR2 version of 8600, thats why, u arent able to overclock that higher.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
That's no point, check the link I've given, there u;ll see they are using DDR2 512mb versions!!!
Whats no point?
The link u've given constitutes only one post for 8600GT!! And thats too yours!! :D :p
I just said him to try reinstalling the drivers OA.
and btw, DDR2 versions arent mean for overclocking. And even if somehow it does, then they wont attain higher clocks.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Hmm, and it overheats(I've heard of Electric Stove Edition) so be happy wid it's performance, and later upgrade when u really need it

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
well guys thnx for reply but isnt maybe my psu the cause of the problem............ i only have a 450w psu bundled alongwith the zebronics lava pc case????????????? yes and my card is not even exceeding temps of 70 degree celcius

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
well, may be or may be not. Coz, u said that Core overclocked quite well. right? so, thats enough for the psu thing.
And for temps, yes its a good thing that it isnt crossing 70.
I say, stay with the card as long as it serves you my frnd and then dump it for a good replacement. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Ya, dont worry OC'ing it. 8600GTs suck at OC'ing.

Add to that their temps. Its good you arent getting high temps.

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
then can you recommend a good board and gfx card for 10k on which i can at least all Latest games like crysis warhead ............... and find it in delhi....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
what you can do is save on the mobo right now and keep the 945 which you have. It can be upgraded later. Spend all the 10k on the card.

Get a Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 for 9.5k ......... awesome card. Will play Crysis Warhead @ Very High settings at a resolution of 1440x900 :).

If you want a cheap board, look at the XFX 630i for 3.4k.

But, whatever you do, dont miss out on the HD4850. Its an awesome card and will serve you well

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
awesome!!!
THe 9800GT is just 8-11% slower than the HD4850.

Buy a MSI P35 Neo-F. Nice board coupled with an amazing card = terrific gaming :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom