i hv two HDD seagate & samsung 80 gb 7200 RPM
i hv win 2000& winXP installed

now when ever i try to install any of linux distro it giver this

all things go right then
Disabling IRQ #10
try to do ACPI=off then try

and ended in Disabling IRQ #10,

i tried with ff ACPI but not worked
then i tried to dis able IRQ 10 but it changed IRQ but error same with changed IRQ

i tried PNP off/on both
i tried with all option i can deal with
now pls help me as soon as possible,
Will Thank you later first help me

After all i m a demon Yaar :twisted:

TheGuru

Broken In
sh**!!! Don't tell me we __still__ have problems with this motherboard in core3 :(

*bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=121819

I am getting a new one today hoping core3 will work :?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Hey I am using FC3 for the past month on the same mobo no problems till date the distro loded without a blink its smooth and has all the bells that one expects from a SOLID distro. Ok so i suggest you load up the default settings in bios set up HT enable and give your pc a kiss then load up core 3 it will work no doubts on that trust me. No settings are to be changed whatso ever.

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
i guess i made my self clear
i hv 2.8 with 512 cache mmeans no HT

second it's not with only C3,
all live linux distros r also not working,

I installed Dabien today but it's also not working it hv installed completely but it's geting hanged afer geting login,

nd yes one thing i miss about C3 that is it's giving one warnning
About sumitt bug report of unreachable pointer or something like this
then said trace is not printing

So here again looking for answer for both

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Tell us more about your system what is the os it is running now what other items are connected. i am sure its a solvable problem. Did you try the bios reset thing i said? if so what results. Tell me about your HDD partitions and all.

G

What is the error you got when you disabled acpi? Just making sure it was indeed disabled... (you need to pass acpi=off to the kernel)
Also, you can try disabling APM support in the BIOS. You may also want to try disabling Enhanced Mode support for P-ATA in the BIOS.

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
here is the complete problem i hv noted this time :D
when i tried to boot in core3

here it is
ide0 at 0xefe0-0xefe7, 0xefae of IRQ10,
ide1 at 0xefa0-0xefa7, 0xefaa of IRQ 10,

Disabling IRQ #10,
try to (ACPI=off), report a bug,
Stack pointer is gurbage, not printing the trace

Same problem in Debian it get installed but when it boot up(after installation) it shows the same msg about some IRQ error(couldn't read it coz pass realy fast)

same with any linux distro,

now even in win2000 it showes this error
The instruction at "0x01ef4e19" referenced memory at "0x01ef4e19". The memory could not be read.

so is there some link but solve first the linux installation prob.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
regarding the win2k prob . did u install win2k with acpi on and recently after u changed acpi off did u restart win2k with acpi off ???

if so this might cause problems in win2k as it changes the whole system from uniprocessor(with acpi) to standard pc (without acpi) . it completely changes ur irq listing when u switch between them and need to install all drivers again . try switching acpi on again and enter win2k

if that helps win2k , try checking for bios updates or just clear ur cmos for ur other probs .

TheGuru

Broken In
Anonymous said:
What is the error you got when you disabled acpi? Just making sure it was indeed disabled... (you need to pass acpi=off to the kernel)
Also, you can try disabling APM support in the BIOS. You may also want to try disabling Enhanced Mode support for P-ATA in the BIOS.

This is my post above - I wonder how it has become ana nonymous post ... :roll:

Anyways, is that the error message you get even after you disable acpi? (which apparently means it is not being diabled properly) Can you list out the steps you took to disable acpi?

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
Yes i turened off ACPI settings from BIOS,
then again try to install it same result,
so shoult i turen it off from Kernal too?

And yes can any one tell me the site where i can sumitt this bug.

TheGuru

Broken In
Disabling ACPI in BIOS is not good enough (it is not required, I think). It is important you turn it off in Linux kernel. The way to do this is to pass 'acpi=off' to the kernel before it starts booting. There are many ways to do it. For once, you can specify this option during installation (bootloader configuration->options). Also, if you already have Linux installed, for lilo, say 'linux acpi=off' at the prompt and for grub, you need to press 'e' to edit the command line and edit the line with the kernel version and add acpi=off at the end. Then, you can boot. For more detailed instructions, you can google around.

Let us know how this goes.

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
Thank you guys

but even that kernel disabling wasn't a great help,
even it didn't get the trick,

so anyt one know Where to report a bug for core 3.

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
thanx first of all all u guys

Secondly i solved my problem thought i should shear with all u guys that hw stupid i was,

it happen accidently,

due to some work i just restore the default bios(i forget my BIOS pass so get rid of CMOS get in to default)

i checked that my win2000 started to work fine so i just thaught to install C3 again worked but still don't know what was the problem,

so guess some time no idea work but just some time works

any way thanx a lot,

now one more prob,

hw i'll be able to play my XVID encoded movies in C3 coz any movie playes i have not working i don't know hw to install the codecs(no install file)
secondly i intalled mp3 plugine for xmms but it's still not working,

third all the programes i hv installed i don't know hw to run them coz i installed Wine but when i typed wine in run command it's not showing the soft(not giving error though), only xmovie is working from command prompt

last is i m not able to install all the packeges with .bin extention it's giving the error as unknown format.

so help me pls guys.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom