Help in combining SP! and SP2 to Windows Prof XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik_rcs

Broken In
Hello Friends,
I have windows xp prof 2002 (bootable) original cd. I have sp1a and sp2 files with me.
I need to combine the sp1 and sp2 with my xp prof cd.
So when install xp as a fresh OS the SP1,sp2 should be applied by default.
Can anyone please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.
Karthik

G

gxsaurav

U don't need to slipstream SP1a in prder to slipstream SP2, simply Download auto streamer from Neowincom & use it with the XP CD & SP2.exe

Hey why dont you search before a post
check this
*thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13423&highlight=
i had given the whole method of making windows bootable cd
check it out,you wont need a few time to read much about this topic
and do search before posting!!!!

:lol: :lol:

busyanuj

In the zone
go to Windows installation customiser - download and download the nLite software.
after that, read Universal Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide

the above article will teach you how to slipstream your Windows XP cd with Service Pack 2.

source: MSFN board

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Use "Nlite" for slipstreaming............ Or any other 3rd party program..................Search............

N

nipun_the_gr8

Just search in Google with the keywords "Windows XP Professional Slipstream SP2" and you'll get various sites to help you slipstream SP2 with Windows XP Pro.

aadipa

Padawan
nLite is ur best bet.....

It also allows you to make unattended setup and you can remove unwanted components of windows too.

Also it can place hacked files like hacked (patched) uxtheam.dll so that you can use unsigned visual styles directly.

Also you use lots of registry tweaks to improve system performance.

If u wanna go even further... u cn integrate almost all ur drivers in win setup.

And even further get RaynVM's update pack to integrate all hotfixes released after SP2 so that after u make a clean install, u get a perfectly updated Windows also.

Thanx Nuhi for making something that is so perfect... so usable....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ok b4 burning the cd , make sure u test it on a CD RW , this will be mentioned on most of the links above too . just wanted to make sure u dont waste cds . plus make sure u got all the nero settings correct . additional option would be to keep a copy of ur m/b s/w cd and windows media player , antivirus , winamps and all stuff u would normally install after fresh install , within a folder in the cd . this way u wouldnt have to keep searching for stuff . plus if ur really into windows , try learning how to make unattended XP install with help online .

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
klinux said:
ok b4 burning the cd , make sure u test it on a CD RW , this will be mentioned on most of the links above too . just wanted to make sure u dont waste cds . plus make sure u got all the nero settings correct . additional option would be to keep a copy of ur m/b s/w cd and windows media player , antivirus , winamps and all stuff u would normally install after fresh install , within a folder in the cd . this way u wouldnt have to keep searching for stuff . plus if ur really into windows , try learning how to make unattended XP install with help online .
I dont think you should use Nero for this. Use autostreamer or nLite which will create ISO image of a bootable CD and you wont have to worry about Nero settings. However, you can use Nero for burning ISO or any other CD burning app will do............

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
havent tried nlite , but normal slipstreaming , ppl use nero to burn the cd as a bootable cd once integration is done . btw , does nlite and autostreamer also make the cdrom bootable for w2k and 98 ? coz in nero u have to be carefull with even the smallest of setting . some problems i faced was that the integration went well , but the burning of the bootable cd went haywired because of nero settings .

for 98 , u actually have to set the emulation as floppy in order to make it a bootable cd

PS: 98 without slipstream , just a bootable cd from backup

theraven

Technomancer
hye guyes downloading "xpboot.bin" the xp boot image..... is it ligal??
downloading it is legal .. depends on what u use it for tho !!
if ur using to make a copy of pirated xp bootable then its illegal !!

anyway ... this thread has been discussed before and i think the same links are emerging again n again ..
plz stop posting anymore i think the problem is solved ... unless u have something which hasnt been said before!
or i'll lock this thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom