Help in Choosing the right TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit_w

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone!

Can you please suggest a right TV Tuner card for my computer?

I got a P4 2 gigs with 256mb ddr1, 160 GB with a cd writer and a Riva tnt2 graphics card!
My Budget is not more than 5000 bucks! also i want to capture tv programs in mpeg1 format. i am looking for good picture quality from the card

Please suggest!

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well as fas as the tv-tuner card that u need go for PINNACLE PCTV PRO
it has the following features:

:arrow: High quality Stereo TV tuner for hyper band cable and terrestrial antenna reception
:arrow: Record Stereo FM radio with real-time compression to MPEG audio and Microsoft® Audio (WMA) format
:arrow: Real-time MPEG-1, MPEG-2* and DV software compression with presets for VideoCD, SuperVCD* and DVD* format
:arrow: Digital MPEG VCR for TV - and video recording from Camcorder , VCR or DVD-Player
:arrow: and oh yaa its the simples of the tv-tuner cards to install. Installation of all other tv-tuners card is borin and a manual process for drivers but not with pinnacle

this is wht i wod suggest since i have this personally

ur budget is more than sufficient for this card. u can get a pinncle pctv pro
at lammy for 2400 Rs. THis is the price in Mumbai i expect it to be some 300-400 higher at ur place

mate get a descent graphic card too tnt riva 2 is history mate
atleast get a XFX GeForce fx5200 for around 3k

mebbe these 2 together wod b a better upgrade

[* - To capture or export MPEG-2 video for VCD, SVCD or DVD, you need to activate this feature]

OP
A

amit_w

Right off the assembly line
Thanks Sourabh for your valued suggestion! :)

However between Pinnacle and pixelview tv tuners, which one u think is better?

I am not too much into gaming, only odd games i play are NBA LIVE 2003, Cricket 2004, and FIFA WC etc and these games work just fine with the old out dated graphics card of mine. Maybe i will buy new graphics card later sometime.
Right now TV tuner is on top of my 'to-buy' list. 8)

swatkat

Technomancer
amit_w said:
However between Pinnacle and pixelview tv tuners, which one u think is better?
go for Pinnacle,it's qaulity in playing/recording is better than PixelView.

_timbuktoo

Broken In
Btw , I was looking for a tv tuner myself and have been reading a few reviews -- the main choice is between PCTV plus or Compro videomate ( pvr/fm or gold+ )

Compro has got some really great reviews , has FM and costs less than pctv pro . :D
Besides I have come across complaints regarding pinnacle's service on quite a few websites :(

I am not sure about the exact prices - will make a final decision after that .

Any suggestions from any of you ???

Are the "budget" tuners fom mercury / intex etc. any good ?

swatkat

Technomancer
_timbuktoo said:
Are the "budget" tuners fom mercury / intex etc. any good ?
Don't go for Mercury or Intex.Mercuy has some Software problems and u have to update it from thier website to a new version.This is also mentioned in some old issue of Digit.
The choice is between Pinnacle and Compro.Pinnacle has more experience in video encoder/decoder/DV cards.

gsmsikar

Journeyman
hi
has anyone heard about this TV TUNER CARD ?

V-Stream VS-TV878RF Xpert TV-PVR PCI TV / FM Capture

*www.kworld.com.tw/en/product/PVR-878/PVR-878.html

*www.shentech.com/vvsxptvpcitv1.html

this card is available here in my place for under Rs 1500, how is this card?

help..

thanks

_timbuktoo

Broken In
Just bought a compro videomate tv/fm for Rs. 2550 from nehru place . - Excellent reception ( I never thought such good reception was possible on a computer !!! )

Nice recording features and abundant formats to choose from !!!
The fm is more clear than on my sony music system !!!

I couldn't ask for better :D

KHUBBU

Journeyman
i hav a pinnacle pctv plus.

It skips some channels like AXN ,maybe due to some conflict. I have to manually scan it using SECAM option. It doesnt get detected in PAL.

gsmsikar

Journeyman
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
the pinnacle card is the best option.
pinnacle pctv+sourceforge drivers=pure viewing pleasure

which are the sourceforge drivers ?
can u give any link?

thanks

amey_dude

Journeyman
I am a owner of PixelView Tv tuner card and i must say it roks!! :p

It doesnt skip any channels and plus have a FM radio!!! :p

We can record in both mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 and avi,and lots more formats directly!!

Now, i am not saying that pinnacle is bad but, there's not much difference in quality of pinnacle and pixelview. i hv seen both and used the latter for about 4 months. Also pinnacle card is a lil bit expensive.

However just curious, which card do you want i mean an internal card or external card :?:

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hmm i had aver media card before and believe me it rocked after the got card screwed up i brought a pctc plus and it's not bad but i miss my aver media :cry: .
I didn't get the avermedia card so had to settle for pctv.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

paraman

Journeyman
So far I have used 3 TV Tuner cards, namely TekRam, AverMedia and currently Pinnacle PCTV Pro. IMO, Pinnacle has been the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom