Help in choosing AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinbose

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,

I need help in choosing an AMD processor and motherboard. I can hear
a lot of jargon such as amd64, etc.

Please advice me on the best configuration and their pricing.

regards,

Nitin.

aadipa

Padawan
AMD64 3200+ processor with MSI RS482M-IL motherboard is good for next couple of years, would cost 12~13K

If you want to do more graphics work like high end games, you can consider better motherboards based on NForce 4 chipset which don't have onboard graphics card.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
nitinbose said:
amd64, etc.

Please advice me on the best configuration and their pricing.

Depends on the budget dude ... so quote the amount of money ... you gonna spend :?:

nikhil

Broken In
is u must buy an amd m/b and cpu...then go for a 64 bit system by any reputed high quality company

Kniwor

Learner
nikhil said:
is u must buy an amd m/b and cpu...then go for a 64 bit system by any reputed high quality company

i dont believe on getting machines from branded vendors...they charge too much...their charges are just absurd..

ur budget is imp before we suggest anything..

post ur questions in appropiate subforum...

nikhil

Broken In
true buget is importent...getting a branded computer is sometimes easier for first time buyers...for people who are comfortable with shopping around and getting an assembelled computer then u can get what u want.....right???

yash

I draw every day
i want to upgrade my existing pc so my budget is around 40k for the cpu alone.will use old monitor,keyboard,mouse and speakers.also, i already have a dvd writer.how much do u think a dual core amd will cost?

Kniwor

Learner
nikhil said:
true buget is importent...getting a branded computer is sometimes easier for first time buyers...for people who are comfortable with shopping around and getting an assembelled computer then u can get what u want.....right???

nikhil has a valid point here...but i think that little extra effort to learn how things are done is worth...but if u know nothing...

PLEASE DONT ASSEMBLE YOURSELF
get ur friend or someonw who knows...to do it...like i usually do assembling for my friends because otherwise they will screw up with their computers...

nikhil

Broken In
hey i have always bought an assembeled pc so far... even my first one...i was always interested in computer mags like the old chip mag(before it was renamed digit) and pc quest... so i had some basic knowledge on what to buy and what is the latest trend in the market...the plus and negative points of the parts etc....so i always went for an assembeled with a clear idea...i bought the parts myself and had an aessembler put it togather for me...even now when i am thinking about upgrading my system...i went through the nov 2005 issue of digit mag and went through the m/b reviews to finalise my m/b choice...i only have to get the m/b and memory chips...the rest i already have...therefore not much expense is incurred by me...maybe i might get a new sata II hdd also. the point i am trying to make is that if u can spare a little time and effort and u have some basic idea of what to buy(like by reading digit mag) u can buy a very decent system of your choice and save a few thousand reupees..if u can't spare the time/effort-buy a branded one

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
the AMD64 3200+ processor with MSI RS482M-IL motherboard

offers best value for money and future proofing for about say 2 yrs ....

warning:
"there is nothing called future proofing in a GEEK'S world"

nikhil

Broken In
yes amd has started making some really decent m/b these days....even i who only considered intel as the one and only choice when buying a cpu+m/b have started giving amd a second thought since the company has improved greatly over the last couple of years...the new amd m/b does give decent performance, coupledwith a decent price when compared to similar m/b by intel. hey i know that amd doesn't make m/b...i am referring to the cpu ok????

Kniwor

Learner
nikhil said:
yes amd has started making some really decent m/b these days....even i who only considered intel as the one and only choice when buying a cpu+m/b have started giving amd a second thought since the company has improved greatly over the last couple of years...the new amd m/b does give decent performance, coupledwith a decent price when compared to similar m/b by intel. hey i know that amd doesn't make m/b...i am referring to the cpu ok????
lol.... actually amd has made mobo's too... for servers etc.... so actually they do make mobo's.... lol..

nikhil

Broken In
really???hey i didn't know????i thought that only other companies like asus mercury, etc made m/b for amd,intel...and only intel supplied it's own m/b, besides other companies....hmmmmm

Kniwor

Learner
lol..... yeah most ppl dont know coz they made very few.... even i dont remember the specific motherboards.... But I'm dead sure they made a few...

jay4u

In the zone
Post your budget dude... and what do u want ur system for and we will advice you buddy...

Although 939 socket is a norm and Asus a8ne and msi rs482 are good mobo ruling the market here...

nikhil

Broken In
hey if i buy an asus m/b right now...then i would br looking for the same feature/specs that i would look for in an intel m/b...mainly speaking stability...no overheating of the cpu (as the earlier amd cpu) really decent feature...price isn't the problem...i want a really decent gaming m/b and cpu which can not only play todays mid-end to high end games but which can also play some of the games which will be released in the near future. i also want a really decent cabinet with extra cooling fans front and back to keep the innards of the cabinet really thanda-thanda. so give me a price...i am willing to spend upto rs 50000 on the m/b, cpu, cabinet, 500mb ram....and a graphics card

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
wait a little time to get the nforce 6150 based mobo's, its lyk an nforce4 with integrated graphics. The FX 53 would be a good deal for you, not only is it fast but its not multiplier locked. Go for 1 GB ram and an 6600gt The AMD cpus run so cool that any cabinet remains cool inside.

nikhil

Broken In
can u please give me a rough idea on the price front....how much will i have to shell out for the system which i had specified????i will have to upgrade my system shortly(within the next few months)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hey all of us helping him (nitin bose) but where is he himself? he has not answered any of the query of fellow members!! So is really using this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom