Help in buying camcorder n cellphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI frnds
I wanna buy a camcorder ( 18-20 k) n a mobile phone (13-15 K) of reputed companies. cell phone frm nokia or motorola only.
plz suggest me one so that i can make a good choice.
plz dont suggest outdated models
also plz mention wats gud abt the product??
thnx in advance

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
camcorders under 20k... and that too good one is hard to find .. but u can go for a Sony Starter model which is something around 21k... for Mobile go for W810i...

K

krazyfrog

For camcorder, choose from any of Sony's entry-level models.
For cell phones, go for Nokia N72.

OP
M

mayur_digitized

Broken In
Camcorder help

is the image quality of an entry level camcorder anything significantly better than say N93. if no, i can drop the idea of buying camcorder n go for N93.
wat do u say??

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
no ways... u can not compare the quality of videos of camcorders and mobile... they are not at all near in comparision.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
N93:
3.2MP cam,
3 X Optical Zoom,20 X Digital zoom,
Video Recording in several quality modes (30fps-15fps)
Simultaneous Video and Dual channel Audio recording,
Optical Stabilizer (for preventing hand shaking),
White Balance settings even for Video Shooting (DVD Quality).

Right Choice!

soham

In the zone
You get DVD quality video in N93? Even digiCams dont manage to do so. It probably must max out at 640*480 which is not DVD quality.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
In N93,capture of video at VGA resolution (640 by 480 pixels) at 30 frames per second. Note that this isn't technically 'DVD-quality' (usually 720 by 576 pixels), but it's close enough for most practical purposes.

K

krazyfrog

N93's video quality is no where even close to that of a dedicated camcorder. Better if he buys a proper camcorder for video recording and a good cell phone for regular cell phone purposes

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
definately..... Sony Starter Cam will come at around 21k and a nice mobile like K750i at 10k... so that will be a better option...

camcorders have a optical zoom of alsmost 10k to 20k which is no match for N93 3X zoom..

OP
M

mayur_digitized

Broken In
thnx guys for all ur help. i ve decided on sony camcorder (21 k)
as for cell phone which is better nokia or motorola ( 10-13)
i dont trust any other company so plz suggest frm above only

K

krazyfrog

It seems you've reduced your cell phone budget. In that case you should go for Nokia 6233 (12.5k). Btw, there is no reason why to not trust any other company except Nokia and Motorola. Companies like Sony Ericsson, Samsung, etc. have been for some time in India and people using them are just as happy as people owning a Nokia or Moto. Maybe you should give them a try. If you change your mind, have a look at Sony Ericsson W700i (11.5k). It comes within your budget and is a very good phone.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hey. 1 thing at a time!!!!

either buy a high end fone or a high end camcorder....dont go 4 both, coz after buying both of them u may not like anyone of them....!!!

OP
M

mayur_digitized

Broken In
panacea, actually i want both for different purposes, one for personal use and one for a gift to my sister. so i want both in moderate budget.
krazyfrog, i had a samsung phone earlier and it sucked big time ( less features and expensive, nothing more than good looks only, ) so i ve decided to stick with nokia n motorola.
isnt a N series mobile available in my budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom