Help! I'm in trouble with my router!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I have a router which came with VSNL connection. I changed its internal IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 172.16.0.1

I forgot to disable the Access Control which I had enabled such that only 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.4 can access it.

Now I am not able to access the router configuration.

What to do ?

I need to do some NAT configuration in the router.

:? :confused:

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
You have to press it down for half a minute or so. :)
I called up VSNL. They said that it is not possible. So I raised a complain saying that due to mis-config error, I am unable to configure NAT on the router which I need to run a server. They said, if it is possible to repair the router they'll do it or replace it. :)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I called up VSNL. They said that it is not possible. So I raised a complain saying that due to mis-config error, I am unable to configure NAT on the router which I need to run a server. They said, if it is possible to repair the router they'll do it or replace it. :)

If they replace the router then you should have no problems at all. :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have a router which came with VSNL connection. I changed its internal IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 172.16.0.1

I forgot to disable the Access Control which I had enabled such that only 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.4 can access it.

Now I am not able to access the router configuration.

What to do ?

I need to do some NAT configuration in the router.

:? :confused:

There is a small reset button at the back of the router, which you have to press using the blunt end of an open paper clip. Press it once for 3 seconds and your router will be reset.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
First, router reset button doesn't work for that router. Second, router has been replaced with another one. :)

Last edited:

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
well, then problem is solved ain't it?
By the way what was the model of the router? Nearly all routers come with the reset button for this type of misconfiguration situation.
Sure you didn't miss it?

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
well, then problem is solved ain't it?
By the way what was the model of the router? Nearly all routers come with the reset button for this type of misconfiguration situation.
Sure you didn't miss it?
Model No. TAD100.
Serviced by Teracom Ltd, Goa.

It had a reset button but it did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom