help:i want to host ASP from my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
guys i want this help.
i made an ASP.net site with back end as C#.. i want to test the one if its working on client pc or not.. we have friends connected over lan. but how to set my pc as server.. it would be very kind if u can show me the steps either with IIs or any other software

DukeNukem

Come get Some
the.kaushik said:
guys i want this help.
i made an ASP.net site with back end as C#..

Now, hows that possible ?, and how have u made that possible ?
can C# store data for me

lol

planetcall

Indian by heart
Simply install IIS for the purpose of hosting your site. If you are in a LAN then your friends can access it by just typing the ip of your computer (assuming you didnt use any virtual folder in IIS). If you want to test your incrimental builds then install VS2005. It has a mini webserver inbuilt which is purely for the purpose of testing your site releases during the time of development.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
DukeNukem said:
Now, hows that possible ?, and how have u made that possible ?
can C# store data for me

lol
is backend means only database????? i din knew that!
Simply install IIS for the purpose of hosting your site. If you are in a LAN then your friends can access it by just typing the ip of your computer (assuming you didnt use any virtual folder in IIS). If you want to test your incrimental builds then install VS2005. It has a mini webserver inbuilt which is purely for the purpose of testing your site releases during the time of development.
i already has vs2005 installed.. then next what to do?

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
Load your project in VS2005. Start debug (press F5) . VS2005 will autoload the webserver and publish your site on your system. Remember, this setup is valid only until the debugging session. Once you stop the debug, the webserver is unloaded.
Though you can use IIS for permanent setup, I suggest you better get a good book on VS2005 or IIS6. or try looking at MSDN for complete information over the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom