Help!!! I CANNOT SEE MY DVD DRIVE'S ICON IN "MY COMPUTER"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker

Broken In
guyz help.... i cannot see the icon of my DVD drive in "My Computer".. I can see the device in Device Manager... it can even run bootable CD's and DVD's but cannot show me any contents of the CD while my OS is on... i can hear the sound of the optical media running in the drive but it just win't open...

and i cannot fnd any new drivers for the drive too... it was all right till today when i formatted my PC the prob came up..i formatted it again... and again... but cud not find any solution..i even tried the Registry hack given in FastTrack to Registry.... page 109 but all for nothing in result.....

Last edited:

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Next time do a search, this question has been answered many times. open regedit32 browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} there probably is a bunch of {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} directories. search all for upper filter & lower filter and delete any if found. reboot machine, should now be visible. *** answer by Vishal Gupta ***

abhra

Broken In
Have you checked the Group Policies to see if they are intact? Select Start->Run, type 'gpedit.msc'. Go to User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Explorer. There are options like hiding specified drives in My Computer & so on. Check those options. This may help you out.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Plug all the drives in 1st :p ... Right Click on My computer, Click to Manage, there navigate to Disk Management, now can u see your Drives there ?? may be they are there but not yet assigned any Drive letter, if so, then Manually Assign a drive letter !!!

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ec46649fff.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom