HELP!!! HP Dv 2025 laptop, partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannu143

Broken In
I recently bought a HP Dv 2025 laptop, but it only has 2 partition 1 c: and 2nd D: which id recovery drive. now i want to have more partition but dont know ow that can be done with reistalling windows as i want geniune winows, partition software like swiss knife says
that it cannot create partition as c: contain system file.

please help!!!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I have a HP Pavilion Desktop, & i guess the procedure for makin partioin is same for HP Laptop.

YOU NEED a CD R disk.

First goto Start->All Programs->PC Help & Tools->Recovery Tools CD Creator.

here a window opens
Select the "Create recovery tools CD.....", NOW You NEED a CD R disk. You cannot use Rewritable CD's.
Its takes about 5 mins. for the CD burning process.

When the Process is completely over (i.e., after the CD is automatically Ejected), RESTART ur LapTop with that CD inserted.

Now a new Boot Screen appears (with a CD pic instead of Windows logo), .

select "create Partioins", then another window opens & there is a Slider at the bottom, move the SLIDER to EXTREME Right. & wherever the system asks which FILE SYSTEM you want, selct NTFS (unless you're goin to install win98 )
Then after here its all self explanatory.

NOTE if you want to have More space (GB) in the new Partition, then KEEP your "C" Drive as it was at the time of first use.

the LOWER the C: Drive occupies in GB, more space you get to create Partition in.

B'coz when new the "C"drive uses around 5-8GB of HDD. if you've installed any BIG Application, then remove/Backup them into CD/DVD.
Its b'coz Windows Pre-Allocates the Space the O.S drive (C:drive) should have.

I had done this mistake, i had around 15GB in the "C" drive when i ran this application to Create Partition, & then the "C" Drive ended up with 36GB & i have to save/install new s/w in the other 36 GB (E:18GB & F18GB drive)

If you have Doubts in creating the Recovery Tools CD then DO POST.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom