help!!!! how to connect to internet through gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohankhanduja2002

Right off the assembly line
hey ppl i have 6600 and i have gprs conenction offered by airtel and i since its free so i want to use the gprs as internet on my computer i have a bluetooth dongle too...well plzz let me know how it can be done plz......well....plzz....i have been searching upon this thing for a long time also plz let me know any 3rd party software for nokia 6600 as pc suite is already there except that any1 plz........

S

saiaspire

The free GPRS from airtel only allows u to acess the Airtel Live! services and nothing more!. You should get a paid gprs service from airtel available at Rs.600/month- UNLIMITED!! for surfing and downloading content.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have been using airtel gprs for past 5 months at rental of Rs.150 only. Airtel Live is different from Airtel GPRS. Accessing Airtel Live is free but for
anything u download u have to pay. Also Airtel Live lets u access only Airtel Live portal and no other site.

Airtel GPRS lets u access any poss. site using the rite s/w. (like Opera).

For Airtel GPRS configuration, follow these steps..

First of all u dont need any 3rd party s/w. to access internet using Airtel GPRS (for Win XP pro with or without service pack2)

After you receive settings from Airtel, configure the settings for ur computer... Install ur bluetooth modem drivers. If u have not received any drivers, try downloading Widcomm bluetooth drivers from the net.

Create a network connection from control panel with bluetooth as ur modem.

For dial up no. use - *99# or *99***1#
Always keep the User name and password field blank

If this doesnt work, den try:

Go to Control panel - phone and modem settings - Modems tab - select Bluetooth modem - advanced tab -
In extra initialization commands, type: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com","",0,0 (there are no spaces in between)

This should help u...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom