Status
Not open for further replies.

kumars

Broken In
Hi guys!! Can u people please tell me what points should i consider before i go for any hosting services provider.. And also can u let me know any reliable n reasonable service providers in market?? I am a newbie i want to launch my own personal website nothing commercial..

freakitude

Journeyman
Try Dreamhost. They give u 200GB Webspace+ 2TB Monthly Bandwidth....97 day money back guarantee..

$22/Year

The best host. i know many high traffic sites running on dreamhost. I have many sites hosted on dreamhost and using it from 6 months and no problems so far...

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
Thanks for that info.. But I dont know anything about hosting?? Can u plz tell me the areas i should look for before selecting a hosting service provider?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Here are some thing that you should consider. Of course this is not an exhaustive list.
  1. The server config
  2. The server location
  3. Uptime guarantees and third party uptime stats
  4. Support. How is it available?
  5. Control Panel (IMO, cPanel is the best)
  6. Space+Bandwidth
  7. number of email addresses
  8. PHP and MySQL versions
Usually, don't take it if someone is offerring it too cheap! Just think how can they afford it for so less! If thats the most competitive cost, then why are others in the same business not giving at the same price? I will repeat one thing that I have said many times earlier. In hosting, if something is too good to be true, its probably not true ;)

There are plenty of ways where hosting providers cut corners. Have a look at this thread on a service provider called manas hosting.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32198

I have posted there why their services can't be good!! :D Look at my post dated 18.07.2006

So ask a lot of pre-sales questions. If they don't answer even pre-sales question, think what will happen to support questions!? :lol:

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
Thanks a million Tuxfan.. Well i am pretty much on the way now.. One last query is Linux hosting better or windows for personal websites with not much content and database??

tuxfan

Technomancer
You are welcome :)

Whether content it too much or too less, whether its static or dynamic, for hosting, its always LINUX :D

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
freakitude said:
Try Dreamhost. They give u 200GB Webspace+ 2TB Monthly Bandwidth....97 day money back guarantee..

$22/Year

The best host. i know many high traffic sites running on dreamhost. I have many sites hosted on dreamhost and using it from 6 months and no problems so far...

Do not misguide....its 119$ normally and one has to use a promo code for 97$ discount! I can provide the promo code...PM me..if someone needs it. And its 22$ only for first year...from the next year..its back to 119$/year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom