HELP HELP HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
dudz... i messed up really bad this time......
i was trying to install the mac osx86 on a partition...
and was trying to add it to a dual boot menu....
i was succesful in doing so...
but when i tried to load macosx it gave me a chainloader error....
then i came to know that the chain0 file was not detecting my mac partition... so i was told to make that disk active using diskpart..... everything went well... but then tragedy happened..... after making the disk active my computer hung (for the first time in 3 years) and then i had to cold boot(ie. by pressing the power button for 5 secs) when i tried to start... it gave me an error "loader could not start"...
then i did a bootcfg /rebuild... after a reboot it told me NTLDR not found...
to fix this i went to recovery console and did a "fixmbr" it asked me something about g: and i pressed yes... then i did a "fixboot c:\" and then "bootcfg /rebuild"..... everything went well.... but then when i tried to load it told me "disk boot failure, insert a system disk and press enter" then i again went to recovery console and deleted the g: partition..... then i tried to do fixboot but ths time it told me that the specified system disk was not found..... also when i did the fixmbr it write a new mbr to harddisk0\partition0 but c:\ is partition1..... i think that it has set g: as the system disk..... how do i change this.... also.. system floppy is also not working....
also i tried to copy NTLDR and ntdetec from the i386 folder of the winXP disk to c:\ nothing seems to be working............

it is (according to me) not booting from the c:\

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Did you put the chain0 file in c: and in boot.ini did you write "c:\chain0" in boot.ini...

or in fdisk.. try to set C: as the active partition

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
I think you have to make C:\ drive as Active Partition. You can do this in two ways, one is to use the Windows 98 Boot-up Floppy disk and the other is to use tools such as Ranish Partition Manager. Since your Floppy drive is not working now, you have to make a bootable CD which has Ranish Partition Manager partition in it. (or you can boot from an old Digit CD which had PC DOS and remove that CD from drive and insert a CD which has Ranish Partition Manager in it). After this, run the tool and make C:\ drive as Active Partition. (To make the partition Active, you have to use the button B standing for Boot Flag)

Get Ranish here:
*www.ranish.com/part/

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
lol swatkat.... this time also i got it working b4 u cud provide help... actually that was exactly the problem...
instead i just fresh installed winXP on a partition... and since it never restarts during the installation and first time start.. i was thrown on the desktop... from there i used diskpart from cmd and made partition 1 as active..
now i am successfully running the macosx as well as windows by using the wingrub loader.......
lol but still Thanks dude..... u cud have saved me from grave danger yet again!! lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom