HELP HELP HELP.....RAID HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramu

Banned
I hav two samsung 40gb harddisks in raid array-stripping on asus intel 865 motherboard. I/windows think my HDD has developed bad sectors

i just downloaded spinrite5 and ran it with a bootable disk but it cannot see my hard disk :(.

1)I want to know that is there any way to make spinrite see my harddisk
2) or is it possible to disable raid in BIOS and set it to IDE in BIOS and then run spinrite. After running spinrite then can i reenable the raid array without loosing any data

HELP HELP HELP urgent plz plz

JAK

What the Heck !
ramu said:
I hav two samsung 40gb harddisks in raid array-stripping on asus intel 865 motherboard. I/windows think my HDD has developed bad sectors

i just downloaded spinrite5 and ran it with a bootable disk but it cannot see my hard disk :(.

1)I want to know that is there any way to make spinrite see my harddisk
2) or is it possible to disable raid in BIOS and set it to IDE in BIOS and then run spinrite. After running spinrite then can i reenable the raid array without loosing any data

HELP HELP HELP urgent plz plz

Hmm....

Well..........

Ans 1. : well i dont think u can make spinrite see a HDD in a raid volume...well an easy way out wud be to remove the hDD's and connect them to a different machine and then run Spinrite on them.... :wink:

Ans 2: Well i too hav raid0 but hav never personally tried the thing u hav in mind ...... But if i aint wrong in the Raid BIOS there is a "Rebuild Raid Array" option...(atleast its there in mine) so i think what u hav in mind is quite possible. I wud hav tried it myself but but i cannot afford a data loss of abt 160GB... :wink:

Maybe somebody else has done it...
wait till others reply... :wink:

[deXter]

Journeyman
You are using an old version of spinrite. The latest spinrite, spinrite 6 is filesystem independent- it even works with Raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom