help help help cant c pen drive icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hello guys....i need very imp. data from my friends comp. but when i inserted my pendrive in his comp. its recognise pen drive but in My Computer its not shoing any iconm for this (normally it displays removable hard drive.) he is using windows XP pro...................................

please help.

thanks

jatt

In the zone
hi first tell me which operating system you are using here plz tell me xp or other

ravidawar

Broken In
go to ur cmos setting by pressing del at startup...not look 4 the usb option in advanced settings...in there ,there will be two or three options...two of which will be hi speed and full speed...if urs is full then turn it to high and vice versa....save settings n exit...
i think this will solve ur probs...:)

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
"jatt" i have already specified the OS its XP.. "Rajasekharan" i did that but not able to get.....ravindawar i tryed to to go in cmos setting by pressing delete key but i was anable to get the cmos...........now what to do?

Last edited:

jatt

In the zone
friend if you are not able to get cmos plz try to get cmos from another keys like tab,f1 etc if not able then tell here if there is setting problem or password protect you can able to crack it by open your cpu s case and disconnect cmos battery then after few minutes insert it properly and then try again

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
When you insert the Pen Drive in your system, Open the device Manager from the System Control Panel Applet. See if it shows some Unrecognized Devices. And ask your friend wether this device is Plug and Play compatible or does it need extra drivers.

Also check some other USB device in the ports to see if your USB ports are working properly or not.

shantanu

Technomancer
right click on my computer on desktop and click manage then click on storage and see is it shows there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom