Help! Help! Help! Any real mind out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Bygrace for Digit

Right off the assembly line
Hello to every'body' and every'mind' bent out there to help me?
I recently bought a Ipod Style Mp4/Mp3 player, voice recorder from the ebay. This is a mass storage device too. This is hard drive based and a full 2GB. Its quite good. The seller provided with it a software to format and partition the players drive. But I was not aware of so I formatted the player with the Windows format (FAT). Then started all the problems. The data started corrupting. I should have used the sellers software to format. I used WinXP Home. To overcome the problem, I booted the system using my WinXP Cdrom, with the I pod connected to the system. I then went to the page where partitions are created. There I deleted the partition of the Ipod players hard drive and restarted. Then came the surprise and sadness. I could not see the 1.96GB of the volume I have deleted. Later when I rebooted with the XP Cdrom again and tried to see whether I can recover the deleted drive, sadly it was not there either. Now there is only 223 MB of memory out of 2GB of total memory. I need help to recover the memory.
I also add the link : *cgi.ebay.in/2GB-IPOD-Style-12-in-1-Mp4-Player-with-FM-Radio_W0QQitemZ280069030700QQihZ018QQcategoryZ7383 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the stupid mistake to use Win XP cd for this problem .... formatting is ok but deleting the partition thts extreme ...

none the less i wud suggest u to go thru the xp cd again and create a partiton ... format it for fat32

i am not sure but i think u can even do this using any partition manager softwares ... i wud suggest forst trying out partition magic and the Manage option tht comes under my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom