Help got a bad sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
i have a maxtor HDD (80 GB) . to day somehow i got a bad sector of 4 kb in my C drive. i am using Win XP sp2. please help me and tell me a way to get rid of this:confused:

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
thanks pal, but is there any software to repair a bad sector. My bad sector is of 4kb. Is this very serious?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
CA50 said:
thanks pal, but is there any software to repair a bad sector. My bad sector is of 4kb. Is this very serious?
There is no software to repair bad sector.Bad sector is a physical damage to ur hard disk...how can it be repaired using any software.

However, there are certain software which can be used to partition the bad sector part, and virtually remov it from ur hard disk.But this is not complete solution.

You may be thinking right now, that it is only 4 KB, but dear it will increase slowly..and ur computer will become damm slow.So, best solution is replace it (if it is in warranty).

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
thanks pal will formatting my HDD and creating the partitions solve the prob

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
actuall i got my pc as a gift 4m the Assam govt. for passing my HLSC examination . so i hv doubt in the warrenty case

which site should i contect for the warrenty

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
CA50 said:
actuall i got my pc as a gift 4m the Assam govt. for passing my HLSC examination . so i hv doubt in the warrenty case

which site should i contect for the warrenty
warranty should be available.Open your cabinet, and find company name of hard disk.

And for warranty, you dont need any bill, or warranty card.Just visit the service center, they will check warranty period by serial number .

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
go to official site of ur pc brand...
either its given by govn. or u purchased... this wont make any difference....

coz the warranty/guarntee is given on product not to whom it concern....
AFAIK product serial code is enough to ask for warranty

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
company= MAXTOR
Serial Number : V22VAP4G
Serial ATA :Yes
Serial ATA version :2.0
Support :ATA/ATAPI-7
Size : 82 GB
Cache : 8 192 KB
ECC Size : 4
Multiple Sector : 16
IORDY : Yes
LBA Mode :Yes
DMA Mode :Yes
TCQ Mode :No
NCQ Mode :Yes
Multiword DMA Mode :2
PIO Mode :pIO 4
UDMA Mode max. :6 (ATA-133)
UDMA Mode Enabled :6 (ATA-133)
SMART :Yes - Enabled
Power Management :Yes
Acoustic Management :Yes
Security Mode : Yes
Trusted Computing :No
Write Cache :Yes
48-bit Address :Yes
Cylinders :158816
Heads : 16
Sectors per Track :63

These infos are 4m PCwizard 2007. I checked my HDD using "Flobo HDDBadSectorRepair" and "PC Pitstop Disk MD" they reported that there are no bad sector. but when i use "chkdsk" command then it reports that there is a bad sector.please tell the site where i should go.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
maxtor

Serial Number
V22VAP4G

Seagate Part Number
6V080E002631B

Warranty Status
In Warranty
Expiration 28-Oct-2009

Options
Exchange
Please contact Esys Distribution. Alternatively you may request RMA directly to Seagate by clicking the "Create RMA" button.

In Warranty
This drive is covered by a Seagate warranty.

It may be returned for exchange. You will not receive your original drive in return.

Please back up all data before returning the drive.

Please contact one of the following authorized distributors in India, as listed in above Warranty Validation option.

Esys Distribution Pte Ltd
Phone: 91-11-6420450/51

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom