help format problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
where do i start from......
ok
i have 4 partitions , C, D, E, F.......20 GB EACH OK.
the prob is i had win xp on D and win 98 on C
then 1 day i delelted 98 files from logging in in xp ...
then on startup it showed 2 options but only 1 worked thats win xp!!

there was a virus on D (xp) so i installed another XP (fresh ) on C again
...but that did not work after installation for some reason...so again i deleted the files after logging in from Dxp ....
so on boot up i had 3 option win xp win xp and win 98 ..but only 1 worked ..
by going in startup and recovery options i changed the text file and on boot up
now i have 2 options win xp(works)ndows default (doesnt work)...
ok
now the problem is i want to format C but i am unable to do so....
i log in from D ( xp ) and then in C(NTFS file sys) but it says windows was unable to complete the format ..
other way by going in CMD i try to format but no use ...
i think it s cauz of old system files left on C .(thought i cant see them)
so plzz suggest me how do i format C ....................

yashved

Broken In
You will need to install Win 98 first on any one of your drives.... and then try to format other drive(s).

And in future, do not simply delete system files. Instead format your drives.

By the way, whom are you Quoting? :)

S

saiaspire

Or use Ranish Partion Manager to format drives. it boots from a floppy disk ans is easy to use!

spider

Broken In
Every time I boot up my computer i see the cmos time lagging the actual time.I adjust the clock every time but it is invain.The clock still lags.

spider

Broken In
Hi Friends,
Plz help me.Every time I boot up my computer I see the cmos time lagging the actual time.I adjust the clock every time but it is invain.The clock still lags.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Ya ,
Since u refer it as old PC , the CMOS battery may lose its life.just get it , it costs very little and replace it , then my suggestion is to reformat bth C and D and ins tall whatever u want .

parthbarot

In the zone
simple.
Goto any of ur frnds home who is having XP on his PC and connect ur HDD with his PC.

Format the drives u want from his PC and backup all ur data in CDs or in his PC...

ur PC is now fresh..
u can install anything u want from scracth..and will not show 3 systems again ok?

whenever u simply deletes without formating..it doesn't remove the boot record so at boot time it will hsow u the system installed.but when it tries to boot the sys, it cant find the files..

so do format whenever u want to remove OS from ur PC.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom