Help for McAfee Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Hi,
I had recently installed McAfee Security Centre and was working nice. But, I didn't like it compared to Norton Antivirus. So, I tried to uninstall McAfee but it hasn't fully been uninstalled and is creating preblems while booting up Windows. It slows down the pc and I am currently unable to remove it, though the program is displayed in Add/Remove Programs. I have tried to delete it from the program files but as it is in the registry, it cannot be deleted. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

anandk

Distinguished Member
since you've had an unsucessful uninstall of mcafee, try this. :idea:

EITHER install it again and then uninstall it thru add-remove programs or by using a good uninstaller like 'absolute uninstaller'.

OR do a search for mcafee on your pc for the remaing files. delete all such files found, manually. then use a good registry cleaner (absolute uninstaller also has one) to remove the residual invalid registry keys.

Gaurav

In the zone
Go to start click on run and type msconfig, now search for mcafee's program files there and delete all the entries which has mcafee in it's content. and then uninstall and delete it's files.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Using an uninstaller would be easier than manually trying to remove it. Click here to view a cool list of uninstallers from CNET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom