help...creating user group policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
help me all the exparts ..... at least for this topic... cuz i have posted few questions earlier.. hurd luck for me that nobody gives me a reply also.

ok.. come to the point. i have two users [exclu'g me] for my Home PC. and after a few days.. there will be added one more. .. im using folder guard for my personal folders.

now.. i want to make a user policy with some restrictions and privilages which will applied for all users. i can't make changes in group policy or registry {e.g.= make restriction to chage the desktop}, cuz, it will have the same act with me also and its become irritating to make changes in F.G. too. so what i'm trying do... i will create one/more policy with the restrictions and privilages--create a user group and put all the users to that group -- apply that policy to the group. result will be like i can access anything/everywhere but that group have the restriction{eg: the users can't access the other users folder} [in xp or 2000 or NT/ user can't access Admins folders, but can access other users folder]

so, how do i create USER GROUP POLICY.

ps: hope that when i come back to the forum again, i will have some answers. if you didn't understand.. ask me.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I assume you are using WinXP Professional... First make sure you have Simple File Sharing turned off (in Tools->Folder Options->View).

Now, afaik, you should not be creating User Group Policies for this but should be creating Security rules... Right click on folder and select Properties. Go to Security Tab and set access priviledges...

Also, if you disable Simple File Sharing, I think automatically those with Administrative priviledges will get their "My Documents" folder private. Also, others will be able to access their own "My Docs" only...

Arun

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
im not talking about my doc. all we know that XP has some inbuilt security. i'm talking about other drives also with some registry tweaks and group policy editing. cuz, if make some changes inthe registry or group policy, it will effect in ur admin acc too. i want to create a GROUP POLICY.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom