Help clearing various doubts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
1. I have two PCs one having two chips of 128MB SDRAM@133mhz and another one having one chip of 256 MB DDR RAM@133MHZ. Now can i install that 256 MB DDR RAM with those two SDRAMs, as their frequency is same??

2. Is there any way to assign the graphics card some system memory? If yes, how?

Thanx!

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
2. U mean onboard graphics right? That can be done from BIOS!
So u can assign onboard graphics some system memory from BIOS. But can we do the same to a graphics card (not onboard)??
Sorry if i sound dumb!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Rey619, To assign the Graphics card some System memory. Go to BIOS. In BIOS
choose Advanced Chipset Features press Enter. Here make these following changes:

Video BIOS Cacheable -> Enabled
AGP Aperture Size(MB) -> 128

On-chip Video Window Size -> 128MB
on-chip Frame Buffer Size -> 8MB

Save the Settings (press F10 or whatever as per your BIOS manufacturer)
This should drastically improve the Graphics performance of your PC definitely.

Last edited:
OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I have an external card DAMN!! :( seems like no hope for playing games, except to upgrade the motherboard...
1. I have two PCs one having two chips of 128MB SDRAM@133mhz and another one having one chip of 256 MB DDR RAM@133MHZ. Now can i install that 256 MB DDR RAM with those two SDRAMs, as their frequency is same??
Hey ppl i havnt yet got a clear reply of this question...!!
Thanx!!

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Yea for external, u wont be able to! As for above their frequencies match, but their DRAM types dont. I Never tried connecting diff DRAM types and never heard of it.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm well i will try anyway..... OR anyone else wanna express their views on the above question, please go on.....

DukeNukem

Come get Some
REY619 said:
I have two PCs one having two chips of 128MB SDRAM@133mhz and another one having one chip of 256 MB DDR RAM@133MHZ. Now can i install that 256 MB DDR RAM with those two SDRAMs, as their frequency is same??

DDR RAM dont run at 133MHz

what are the platform of both PC (MOTHER BOARD, PROCESSOR)
CLARIFY

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
The one is intel Celeron 2.4Ghz with 256MB DDR RAM@133mhz and the other is P4 1.6 Ghz with 256 MB SD RAM@133MHz, both are i845 based......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom