Help Choosing Mobile !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Help Choosing Mobile Sony w300i or Nokia 6125 !!

Hi all..

I have decided to go 4 Sony w300i or Nokia 6125.

Which is better to go for.

Looking for - Best phone in all the features. Cos this is a one time investment and i am very concerned abt choosing the phones.

Hope ya guys help me out in this issue.

TIA

Last edited:
OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
anarchist said:
Nokia's flip phones are not good looking. try samsung also

Oops !! Sorry m8 but sumwhr in my mind i hv decided to stick upon Nokia only. But since i am a music buff hv decided to go 4 SE too..

So no more change in brands. Pls.

Pathik

Google Bot
no nokia flip fone is good..... i wd take 6630.... if u want a flip fone only
then take seW550i

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
pathiks said:
then take seW550i
correction nokia's latest flip fone is really feature packed and alos good in looks .... Nokia 6125 it has everything .... mp3 payback, powerful cam (1.3 mp), fm, gprs, edge, extendable memory

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
In nokia 6125 wats the max extendible mem card v can add ??

And also i am mainly looking for 3 features..

1. Camera
2. Video Recording &
3. Music hearing

Also jus compare w300i and 6125 accor to the above features.

Help wuld b highly appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:
OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
anarchist said:
check nokia 6125 at www.nokia.co.in
this phone has not launched so nobody can help you.
but if you take my suggestion either forget flip or forget nokia.

Hi m8..

First of all 6125 is launched in the market and its price is 11,300.

Its simple and has gud luks..

For a sample goto Nokia Priority Dealer and hv a glimpse on it.

And reg ur sugg..

Can u explain why u hv said to forget flip and Nokia ??

I am gonna take everybody's sugg and then do a final research and choose the best one. Thts y forums are here.

so if u culd explain us on wat basis u hv asked to forget flip and nokia it wil b very useful for not only me but all the other users too..

hope u can understand..

thnx for ur effort.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
wats the duration for video recording in Sony w300i ??

In 6125 its 5 minutes..

Help pls.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pathiks said:
then take seW550i
It is a swivel phone.

dreams said:
Hi all..

I have decided to go 4 Sony w300i or Nokia 6125.

Which is better to go for.

Looking for - Best phone in all the features. Cos this is a one time investment and i am very concerned abt choosing the phones.

Hope ya guys help me out in this issue.

TIA
Go for the new Sony Ericsson W300i WALKMAN PHONE.

Pathik

Google Bot
@dipen ...all java apps suck...
jus use a symbian s60+ fone and u ll never take a non symbian fone ur whole life.....

Last edited:
OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
thnx for al ur replies.. keep it flowin.. can u al jus explain ur replies.. like if u say choose Nokia.. jus tel why u ask to choose Nokia or sony..

cos this helps me in doin analysis and then choose..

TIA

Any other reviews or suggestions.. i need some more to get to a conclusion..

Pls..

TIA

Last edited:
OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all..

Finally i hv landed on sony w300i..

Its really cool and thnx all for the best suggestions..

Now i am facing a problem.. whenever i hv my handsfree connected to the phone and when my phone rings i am unable to here the ringtone thru my handsfree..

In the case of Nokia if we hv attahced the handsfree and when the phone rings we can here the ringtone on the phone as well as Handsfree..

but in my case in SE i am unable to hear..

wat shuld i do..

TIA

Dipen01

Youngling
What did W300i cost you..!!?? and in which city..??

apart from ur above query..!! howz ur overall experience...coz as specified in other thread....ppl are saying there not much of applications for W300i...

So what do u think...i mean...did u get some inbuilt application or some CD or something...

coz i have finally got down to 6230i and W300i....

still to chk 6125...!!

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Dipen01 said:
What did W300i cost you..!!?? and in which city..??

apart from ur above query..!! howz ur overall experience...coz as specified in other thread....ppl are saying there not much of applications for W300i...

So what do u think...i mean...did u get some inbuilt application or some CD or something...

coz i have finally got down to 6230i and W300i....

still to chk 6125...!!

Hi m8..

It costed me 11,200 (including tax) in Sony World, Anna Salai, Chennai.

Overall performance is too good.. walkman is the best feature in thisphone.. cos Sony are the King when cums to sound quality.

It cums with a USB cable and CD for some s/w like PC Suite, s/w for transferrring music from PC, Adobe Album for editing, Quicktime and very imp it cums with a Cool Headphone and 256 MB of Memory Stick.

The main disadvantage is the camera quality. When viewing its gud but when the picture is taken the result is very bad.. and when cums to video recording it can record to how much there is space in your memory stick.

overall its a gud phone with stylish looks.

Nokia 6125 - The main disadvantage in this one is there is no Data Cable provided and Video recording is jus for 5 Min.

Camera wise it must b gud cos it has 1.3 MP cam.

Look wise its very very simple. Why i left this is anyhow v r goin to spend more 10k and to go for a simple look phone i preferred a cool stylish phone.

atleast the amnt v pay must b worth.

so go ahead and grab a w300i and i am sure u wuld love it.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Also that SE W300i has mono speakers. A negative point for a phone which is marketed as a Walkman phone.
If you can live with mono speakers and a cam of low quality, W300i is a nice phone to go with.

Dipen01

Youngling
@tech:- but aadipa said that there are very few applications for W300i... what do say on this.!!

Besides can anyone shortly review 6230i also....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
well there are comparatively few apps for non-symbian phones when pitted against a symbian phone. W300i like most of the SE phones can only use java apps, so you are restricted whereas symbian phones can also use softwares made for symbian OS, which outnumber java apps many times over.
If you compare it with a Nokia's series 40 phone, which can only install java apps, you can clearly see that SE phones would score over Nokia's phones.
IMO, if you want
  • more softwares and stuff - go for a Nokia series 60 cell phone
  • better inbuilt features - Sony Ericsson cell phones
  • looks - lots of different phones to choose from but most of the time you need to compromise on features
Well this is just an general observation, sometimes it does vary for a few phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom