Help CD-RW Data recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
CD-RW and DVD Problem + realsched.exe

I did a stupid mistake today.I had some really important data on a rewritable CD and i accidently erased it.It was not a full erase i chose Quick-erase.Now i need that data back.I don't have the backup of that data.Is there any tool which can recover data from a quick-erased RW.I've tried ISO Buster and CD/DVD data recovery,but no use.
Any other available.

Secondly i crated a video DVD and didn't closed the session.Now its not playable on my DVD player as well as on my computer.I tried closing the session with Nero 6 but no use,it gives an error that cannot close session.I tried Using ISO Buster to rip that video from the DVD.Iso buster shows Track 1 of 4.07 GB present on the DVD>when i try to extract data it creates a .tao file of 4.7 GB.I don't know what to do with that file.Is there any way i can close this session or can i recover the data from the DVD. (Hëlþ)

Third problem is, i would like to disable the realsched.exe from running everytime my computer boots up.There is also a file named SDMCP.exe running in the background.I searched my PC and it is residing in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\stardock. I think it was installed after i installed Windowblinds and objectdock.Any ideas how to disable both of them?

Thanks in advance.

saROMan

QA Juggler
1st well bud i am not sure if u can recover the r/w CD ...after erasing .....

about 2nd prob i donno much....

for ur last problem...go to run->msconfig->startup..here u will see list of files which are loaded at startup..just uncheck the 1 which u dont want
SDMCP.exe is a part of the Stardock Desktop Personalizer..and realshed.exe is the Real Player Sheduler ...u can find it in ur c:\Program Files\Real Folder ..u can Disable these Process from MSconfig ..

alternatively

go to start->run->services.msc

go thru the List and Desable the realshed thru there..i am not sure if u will find SDMCP there but u can search for any Stardock or Objectdesktop entry there ..........

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Try CDRoller...............
However, there is a very little chance that your data can be recovered.....................

OP
hittheswitch

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Thanx

Thank you all for your replies.I am not able to solve the CD-RW Problem.
In case of DVD anyone can just open the *.tao file by ISO Buster itself and can save the data.It was really simple.
And i'm able to disable realsched and SDMCP now via the gpedit.msc.
Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom