1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

help C:/ drive is showing very little empty space!

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by apurvrdx, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apurvrdx

apurvrdx New Member

i reinstalled xp yesterday but while installation the setup couldnt format c so i continued with the original file system and then it showed error could not inspect c drive continue ? i said yes and then installed but i have only installed some utilities like nero ,antivirus , zip genius and the 20 gb drive is showing only 1.5 gb free please help i dont want to re install xp please suggest some other measure !!! :shock:

2. yrana2002

yrana2002 New Member

You should have formatted it from FDISK and then installed xp( the installation cd is bootup disk as well).
    What is happening now is that some files of the previos version are conflicting with the newer installation, resulting in that kinda change.
    I suggest you bootup with a floppy disk or the cd and format the drive followed by a simple windows installation. 8)

3. ghemant

ghemant New Member

Hi,
    if you dont wants to re-install and managed all the things again , and if your filesystem is NTFS compressed it , or run convert c: /fs:ntfs to convert existing file system to convert into ntfs

:)
    Regards

4. Tushar_bar_Bsc

Tushar_bar_Bsc New Member

:idea: Before formating u can try disable system restore

5. ghemant

ghemant New Member

Hi,
    the command i give will not format drive it will just convert the file system to NTFS .

:)
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.