HELP...! BSOD, graphics problm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
ok I got BSOD 2-3 times since yeaterday...
My computer is running at stock, no overclocking of any component ans still BSOD...
seems to be a graphics problem... any help here
here's the message...

*** STOP: 0x00000050 ( 0x879ABCE1, 0x00000001, 0xBFA67BB9, 0x00000000)
*** nv4_disp.dll - Adress BFA67BB9 Base at BF9D3000 Datestamp 42b0d02c

Here's the specs...

AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice
ASUS A8N-E
1 Gb (2x512) Corsair value select (CL-2.5)
XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB
400 Gb SATA Seagate Barracuda
Sony DVD-RW

I am suspecting this is a GFX card problem... what do u guys have to say

mav3r1ck

Broken In
Dear KNIWOR,
i don't know the full form of BSOD :lol:, but still here's what i would do. since its a display prob there will be the following two solutions

1- if the OS is working(isn't corrupted and boots well), i would simply remove the drivers and restart the comp and reinstall the drivers (i guess u might have the latest forceware release 80 drivers, if not DL it).

2- if the OS ain't working(still isn't corrupted, but not booting) i would remove the graphics card from the slot, clear the NVIDIA BIOS from the CMOS. reinsert the graphics card, restart the system and let the OS detect it and then install the Driver, then again restart and START PLAYING :wink:

the abovesaid conditions apply when ur OS (XP i guess) is not corrupt. otherwise just reinstall ur OS (the last and final solution).

hope this helps u. let me know too.

cha

mvishnu

Broken In
come on!

blue screen errors are common on windows... Not a day passes when i dont see 3 @ least...

But if it's aa recurring prob, reigstall windoows...

Before that, you could ttry sys. restore to a very early date. If that works, good. otherwise, reinstall

G

gxsaurav

BSOD is not a common error. I last saw on in My PC 4 years ago

anyway, it's nv4_disp.dll which is the graphics card driver module. Her's what to do

1) Which gfx card is it?, check if it is properly seated in the slot or not

2) Take the graphics card out of the computer & boot with the onboard audio or any other graphics card. check if U can boot or not

3) If U can boot then go to BIOS & set everything to default & go into windows. There uninstall the graphics card drivers from Control panel. then shut down

4) Install the graphics card again, it will ask for the drivers in windows, an "Add new hardware" wizard will come, cancel it & install the latest drivers U got. It's 81.98 cos the new Forceware 84.21 are not WHQL certified for all gfx cards except Geforce 7 series & 6 series (could be a reason for your card not working)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
reinstall windows and do so with updated drivers. if the problem still occurs then test your gpu with RHTDRIBL and your ram with MEMTEST86 .. run both for 4-5 hours atleast and see if you get any artifacting or errors.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
I can play all games like San Andreas , Far Cry at ultra high... but the problem is i got a BSOD 2-3 while quitting GTA_SA..
the things that were already tried...
memtest checking memory....

@mav3r1ck
BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death

@gxsaurav
if u can see i have given the specs in my first post....

my motherboard has no onboard graphics so the only way i can use it is by connecting a graphics card....

@mohit
my winXP is fine... i dont think i need to reinstall it....
I have already tested memory

anyhow guys i have tried another drivers and i think it is fine now... i have not got a BSOD till now since yesterday....
i will also test my gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom