Help Badely Needed.......My Xp is currupted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
my Xp is currupted.....to reduce the load on my machine..i switched to windows classic theme ...after that my screen went Black..........nothing except the icons on desktop r visible........all the windows /menus have dissappered....may be bkoz i uninstalled styles Xp fm my pc..this may have corrupted my theme /msstyle files...so i used the expand command to extract luna.theme & msstyle file fm my XP cd ....but Vain.....as a final option i deleted all the files in my \resources\themes folder & reeboted....but :cry: nothing.........i hav tryed booting in VGa / Last known config...but nothing.......if i boot thru safe mode..........it works perfectly fine...........can any 1 plz help me.....coz i am not in a mood to reinstalled my xp (coz i hav tweaked for max performence) ...plz help me........

whistler

Journeyman
try this

just reinstall stylexp and then check with ur recources foldr...may be u can help urself then..

go4inet

In the zone
the same happened to me, but try this > goto start > open Style XP and switch to different theme & apply the theme, hope this shud fix the probs... !

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
?????????

Code:
screen went Black..........nothing except the icons on desktop r visible

its black not blank..........i cant do any thing,...imagine tat all ur toolbar ,windows , menus, text are black......u cant see nothing u cant do any thing........ by clicking on the place where ur start button is placed u have to use ur imagination tat where can the shutdown button can be if u donno where the restart button is on ur machine..........did u get me now....????????

if this still dosent make any sence to u...will try to print screen open pbrush (win key + r , type pbrush ...hope its opened press ctrl V ..press alt F&s type the location..copy it on my 98 part ..and then post it here)..............do i have done any thing that bad to u tat u wann me to go thru all this mess........ :x

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
if i boot thru safe mode..........it works perfectly fine..........
but what next......??????/ to do ..i dont have a damn clue......i have tryed changing resolution to 640*480 , 16 Bit ..after reboot....same old story....:(

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
U say that everything is fine in safe mode ? Can u see th icons on ur desktop in normal mode? If not, then u hv probably lost ur display driver. Try booting into safe mode and reinstall th drivers for ur display card.

I dont know if this will work - Tweak UI for XP has under the Repair section an option "rebuid icons". This seems like something that may help.

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
well thx a lot pple...i think the only optn i hav is to restore my system..thru safe mode......
any wayz.......just to show u ..this is wat my Xp looks like right now.....

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/cyberpuzzle/ABC.jpg

go4inet

In the zone
hey... thats how my xp looked tooo.... goto start menu using ur keyboard or mouse and start style xp and just chnage the theme frm ur current one. and it shud fix !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom