HELP..,access denied when clicking on folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad

back to future
i copied sum files 4m my frend's HDD to MY HDD, n disconnected, after that when i double clicked on my folders, a msg shows "access denied" n cant delete them, n size of that folder is 0 bytes, i lost sum imp. folders, help me 2 get back those folders
TIA
prasad

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Are you trying to open the folders that u copy from your friend's HDD ?
maybe it might be encripted

If you are trying to open your own files that were already in your PC before you copy your friend's files to your pc:
Maybe it was some kind of computer virus with it.

try booting in safe mode and try to access those folders.
If it doesn't work.
Run System Restore to a back date before the transfer of your friend's files to your PC.

Hope it helps.

peace

OP
prasad

prasad

back to future
PrinceHeart said:
Are you trying to open the folders that u copy from your friend's HDD ?
maybe it might be encripted

If you are trying to open your own files that were already in your PC before you copy your friend's files to your pc:
Maybe it was some kind of computer virus with it.

try booting in safe mode and try to access those folders.
If it doesn't work.
Run System Restore to a back date before the transfer of your friend's files to your PC.

Hope it helps.

peace

thanx 4 ur reply
i already tried those things, but no way

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check the security settings of the folder... Log in with admin priviledges and then in the security settings, take ownership of the folder and all its sub-contents... Then, you should be able to access the folder files...

Arun

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Please tell us what exactly is the problem/s you are facing so that members here can help you exactly on your problem.

Is it opening your friend's file/folders or it is opening your own files/folders or anything else you want to share here like what windows ur using and what type of files (text/mp3/movies/etc)

If u can't access/delete any file/s from your PC, it means 4 things
1. The file is not there anymore, its just a shadow file that's there (try restarting your PC and delete .temp files and try again)

2. The file/folder is a system file/folder which u can't delete. Which may be already in use by your system.

3. You are using a public/guest account and not the admin logon, so it doesn't allowing you to delete the files.

4. The file/folder is encrypted. If you don't have the right key for the encryption, u can't access/delete the file/folder.

But as sakumar79 said - it must be a security setting.
Its always a good idea to try windows help also.

cheerz

OP
prasad

prasad

back to future
thanx 4 ur help
i'm the admins, i tried the security settings, when i clicked 'find now' there was a lot of users, i select the first, i opened that folder but not sub folders
n i cant set the same security settings for those subs, all those shows 0 bytes size, i'm thinking of formattin that drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom