Help about Trojen in my sys info folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
a few days ago..my kaspersky told me that there is a trojen....and asked me to delete it...so i sayd yes..but then it told me.....that u dont have the permission to access..the file..so found out the root of file is in system volume information........ie the restore point file........now my prob is i cant access the sys vol folder.......i have made hidden files visible...and uncheked..the hide system files..box..but no luck...now i know the trojen/backdoor is on my HDD but cant remove it.......plz help me..... :cry: :cry:

Deep

Version 2.0
remove the contents of the folder (i.e. remove previous system restore) by doing any of these methods..

drive properties - disk clean up - more options tab - last option will be clear previous system restore points

2nd is

properties of my computer - system restore tab - select turn off system restore so it will delete all restore points from all the drives..

turn it on again once all the points are deleted

Deep

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- go to safe mode as admin . disable system restore . see if u r able to delete it

- rightclick on the folder go to permissions and remove check on deny if any and allow all for that folder alone

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
but my sys vol shows 0 bytes...wel am trying both the opinions...and wll let u know tommorow...:)

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
thx a lot guys.....now...my sys info folder..r empty..and a thrugh scan shows that there r no trojens....BTW..my sys info in my Xp root still dont permit to enter..and says check if disk is write protected or not.... :(
how to solve it??

Deep

Version 2.0
saROMan said:
thx a lot guys.....now...my sys info folder..r empty..and a thrugh scan shows that there r no trojens....BTW..my sys info in my Xp root still dont permit to enter..and says check if disk is write protected or not.... :(
how to solve it??

it wont allow you to get in..dont worry about it.. :)

Regards
Deep

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
hey deep.....how is it possible..i have been in the folder b4......i know i can ...so how u can say i cant.....(sorry for the bizzar word arrangment . :))

Deep

Version 2.0
as far as i know you cannot get in using windows explorer i donoo whether u can get in using dos or may be 3rd party app...

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom