HELLLLLLP VERY URGENT!!!!! PLEASE REPLY SOON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKK

Broken In
I BOUGHT THE ANTEC SILVER COMPOUND....AND I BOUGHT THE AMD ATHLON64 PROCESSOR!!
NOT SHOULD I SCRAP OF THE THERMAL PAD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HEATSINK WHICH IS PROVIDED AND APPLY THE ANTEC SILVER COMPOUND OR.....SHOULD I APPLY THE SILVER COMPOUND DIRECTLY OVER THE THERMAL PAD??????
PLEASE REPLY SOON!!

AND THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE!! :wink:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you don't put in the silver compound over the thermal pad. you either haf the thermal pad or the thermal compound there! never heard of using both simultaneously!

zuala77

Broken In
Thermal

yes scrap of the thermal pad and clean the base of the heatsink with alchol or spirit and then apply......the antec thermal compound....otherwiswe it will be of no use at all......

Kniwor

Learner
KKK said:
I BOUGHT THE ANTEC SILVER COMPOUND....AND I BOUGHT THE AMD ATHLON64 PROCESSOR!!
NOT SHOULD I SCRAP OF THE THERMAL PAD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HEATSINK WHICH IS PROVIDED AND APPLY THE ANTEC SILVER COMPOUND OR.....SHOULD I APPLY THE SILVER COMPOUND DIRECTLY OVER THE THERMAL PAD??????
PLEASE REPLY SOON!!

AND THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE!! :wink:

interesting question....

but i dont expect u to ask this question, not specially you.....

because the answer is driven by simple logic, the basic conductivity law, u got antec because it had better conductivity, now if u apply it on the pad what use it is, the heat will have to apss through the pad which has lower conductivity, so basically it will not serve any purpose, but only make it worse,

now Why worse???

because whatever is conductivity of these compounds it is less than the heatsink and we use them to fill the air between procy and heatsink, because the contact cannot be even, so the less we use the better it is, as long as we fill the gap.... and there is no air...

Huzefa

Journeyman
Use a little bit of basic knowledge we get from High school physics , air is an insulator and will not allow heat transfer , anything other than air or which does not contain air (like a sponge or a foam pad or a pillow or blanket which traps air) is a conductor. So if u have even a tiny bubble of air the conductivity drops in that spot. Antec silvev compound is a gr8 conductor as it contains silver which is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity ( So take care u wipe any excess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom