helllllllllllp me buying a pc!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKK

Broken In
Hi there,
well i decided to celebrate the new year by buying my self a new PC.
all of you are requested to please comment and help me with the following problems listed....

1) i am buying a 6600GT card....does it make sense that i settle for a 8ms response time LCD panel?OR should i go for CRT?if some dude has done this please post a message!(i love LCDs but do not wish to compromise on the performance front)

2) should i go for SATA I (150) or SATA II (300) HDD....is there much difference in prices?

3) does installing extra LAN cards with different connections and then bridging the connections from WinXP increase the speed?

4) i am an AMD fan so will have to settle for DDR400 memory.Aren't there AMD supporting motherboards with DDR2 memory support?
and won't DDR400 get ousted in one or two years?

5) AMD Athlon64 3200+/3500+ are available in Venice/Newcastle/Winchester cores........which one is better?since prices are same for all but i hear that only Venice core has SSE3 instructions set!

in the end A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you out there!
please help me evybdy

con_tester

Journeyman
1.) Go for CRT.....
2.)Sata II
3.) I think yes...
4.)DDR400 get outdated in 3 or 4 years as with any...Everything has a age...Everything will become of age..
5.)Venice core....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
1. LCD if u like can afford a good response timed one of <8 ms or nearby :)

2. Sata II provided your board supports it and the price diff isnt much.. :)

3. I dunno... wait for other ppl to answer :)

4. Nah, DDR2 isnt supported by AMD as yet... perhaps it will enter the DDR3 revolution, until them DDR400 will prrevail :(

5. Yeh, get the SSE3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom