Hefty Apple Patch Set Tackles Leopard, Firewall Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Apple has released an enormous set of patches for Mac OS X, Safari and the Leopard firewall.

by Lisa Vaas
Apple issued an enormous set of patches on Nov. 14, with 41 fixes for Mac OS X and Safari vulnerabilities that attackers can exploit to hijack systems, trigger denial-of-service and jack up their privileges.

If that's not enough, Apple capped it off on Nov. 15 with three fixes to Leopard's firewall, to solve the issue of Leopard's firewall not blocking all connections when configured to do so.

Source

OK, its time for mac users to patch! Any way this leo gets aid after a SHOOTOUT

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
service pack so soon :lol:

good for apple users now their machines will be "safer" than before :lol:

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ LOL... Yeah mac users will be happy now.. and the leo is bit cool and they dont have to worry about it ..

goobimama

 Macboy
At least we have a service pack. Where's Vista's service pack? Btw, the .1/.2 updates always come up very quickly after the release so it's no surprise...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
vista has been consistently coming out with updates and the service pack will feature these updates and a few more ;) so we dont miss it a lot

goobimama

 Macboy
Blizzard! All the way through! Snow, all over. It was much to deep. But we had to get that serum through. It was mush mush mush all over. Common now, mush mush mush.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i doubt thier action .. how importtant these issues should have been they released a service pack so soon..

anyway its my guess...

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh sorry. Daffy duck was going through my head. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Anyway, as you can see, both OSes have had security patches within a few days of their release. No big deal. Just run of the mill stuff...

goobimama

 Macboy
I had written a nice toasty reply. But then I thought, I'd be wasting a lot of time over nothing. Maybe you should be my thread adviser..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, well, it is a completely useless topic.

There are seven Mac users on this forum out of which only three have Leopard and all three of them knew about this update long before you posted this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom