Heat Sink - your view

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys. Am getting this

*www.thermaltake.com/coolers/cl-p0025/cl-p0025silentTower.htm

Tell me what you think and if you got better ones that I might consider.

G

gxsaurav

Well, it depends on what price U R getting it

I m suing a Zalman CNPS AlCu-7000 HSF with a P4 3.06 GHz Northwood, it is really cool & quite HSF

The max RPM of my fan is 2500 RPM, but during cold, these days, it runs at arround 1800 RPM, I monitor it via my motherboard hardware monitoring chip, which also controls the fan RPM depending on Heat deception. Overall it is inaudible in cold, during these months, even in summer it is quite, the max temprature I got ever was 51C which was when I was encoding a mpeg2 file

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hey ice...
iam thinking of buying the same mobo as u have...with athlon XP 2600+....
as u must be using it for sum time....the HSF that comes with processor...is it fair nd well made enuf???or do we have to spend sum extra bucks on HSF??.....hmmm...i can direct that money towards a lil better graphics card!!!!

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav:

Am gettin this for 40$. Which I think is pretty decent for such a cooling solution. So lets see. How much is the Zalaman ?

grinning _devil:

The stock HSF is fine. I am getting myself as I want to OC it to much more than what i have done till now. My 2600+ can go upto 3 GHZ so wanna see how much I can get out of it. RIght now @ 2.2 ghz its stable and the temp is always around 52-53 degrees even after extensive gaming.

G

gxsaurav

My Uncle baught my Zalman for me from Hong Cong, he lives there, in india Rs. I got it for 3k about 1.5 years ago, I used it on my 2.4B system & now on my 3GHz system

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well this one is less than 2k. Also its AMD 64 compatible too so I can reuse this later on if I decide to. So looks like me gonna get this...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hey
iam now in mood to go in for Athlon 64 2800+...just a meager 1200 extra!!
nd moreover its downward compatible with 32 bit apps...

nd as far as OC is concerned..... :( ..will have to wait till warranty is over!

nix

hi

hi icecoolz i also stay in bangalore... from where did you get your PC assembled? i will also upgrade my PC from there. and abt the heat sink.. what is it? and will you fix it in the Cabinet all by yourselves?

Naga

Broken In
If u're really into OCcing, try water cooling. I'm using a TT Aquarius II on my Barton 3200+ and the temps have dropped around 10 deg C. I got the kit from Prime ABGB in Mumbai.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hmm....water cooling....the best way to beat the heat!
ohhh nd by the way why not put ice cubes ontop of processor?? :idea:

jokes apart what was the cost of TT water cooling kit???

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Naga:

Well the water cooling option is not something which I am comforable with at the moment. Perhaps its just a mental block I dont know. Thats why I went with the silent tower.

nix:

I get all my stuff at the computer shop in Birgade Road. He's got loads and gets the best and very very good service. And if you tell him you found a component cheaper somewhere else in Bangalore he will match it.

grinning_devil:

Well if you are gonna go for the 64 bit processor then that means a chaneg in mobo. The best is either MSI Neo Platinum 2 or the ASUS K8V Deluxe. Both are 10k. I just assembled one system during the weekend based on the 2800+ 64 bit chipset on the ASUS mobo. But do remem it's only socket 754 for which the production has been stopped.

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
grinning_devil said:
production has stopped???? :shock: ....
means only 939 is out...is it?

939 is out in the US and other markets. not in India. Its a deliberate ploy as the AMD retailers have been told that they will not release the 939 sockets here in India for another 6 months. So that they can deplete the old stock completely.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:twisted: ...really bad!!

i wasnt expecting India to be treated like this!!...u mean to say we r lagging 6 months behind!!....by the time 939 is out in india...sum thing new will be out in US...trully disgusting :evil:
nd since the production has stopped....consider the scenario that procesor burns out after say 10 months...nd production has long been stopped....
then forget abt replacement i guess!!!

nyyway we have to be contended with whats available in india...
:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom