HDTV wanted for PS3

Discussion in 'Gamerz' started by mandar5, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandar5

mandar5 New Member

Hi guys whats the cheapest hdtv in India ?MY budget is modest 30 -35k:-l THANKS

2. PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart New Member

no matter what's the size, HDTV starting price is from around 55K.

Try searching yahoo india for that.

peace

3. shaunak

shaunak Tux Fan

You will get LCD Tv for about 30k from videocon and samsung but not sure if they are HDTVs. check vijay sales or some other outlets.
    Guildelines:
    >High Defination is ONLY 1024*768 pixels and above. DO NOT GET CONNED and buy a TFT thinking its HD.
    >Look for HDMI input.
    >evalute performance in low light conditions not in the highly lit showroom conditions.
    >carry about your own DVDs to test. The showroom DVDs are high res dvds with slow moving pictures.

4. OP
    OP
    mandar5

mandar5 New Member

THANKS A LOT SHAUNAK:) can u pls tell me what is hdmi input? THANKS AGAIN are the 29 inch flat crt tv hdtv?

5. krazyfrog

krazyfrog Guest

HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. It is used by high definition devices like ps3 or a hdtv to connect to each other. Its kinda like the audio/video input found on most tv.
    No, you cannot have an hdtv crt. Its got to be a plasma/lcd. Currently most hdtv's are very expensive (above 75k). I'll advise you to wait atleast a year. Till then they'll become more popular and cheaper.

6. soham

soham New Member

who said you cant have a CRT HDTV? Many CRT projection TVS are HD. They are cheap as well. you can get a 42" TV for around 60k.

7. enoonmai

enoonmai New Member

The PS3 is capable of dishing out true 1080p resolutions, and I don't think you get any 1080p/HDMI HDTV for anything less than 200k in India. The best HDTVs one can go in for right now are the 32" LCD HDTVs that cost around 50k and can output at 720p.

Incidentally, CRT TVs aren't HD. What you mean are DLP TVs. True HD resolutions are only available on DLP/Plasma and LCD HDTVs.

8. soham

soham New Member

But I found a CRT projection TV from Samsung which supports HD. Check out the Samsung Website. DLP TVs are far more costlier.

9. krazyfrog

krazyfrog Guest

There's no such thing as a crt projection tv. Crt are different and projection tv are different. Crt or cathode ray tube tv uses a cathode tube to beam a picture on the screen which is usually coated with a substance like phosphorous. Our regular tv are actually these crt. In a projection tv there is a projector that uses a system of prism lens to display an image on screen. They are called rptv or rear projection tv. DLP are also kind of projection tv. Hope that clears your doubts.

10. W i d e S c r e e N

W i d e S c r e e N New Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.