HDTV wanted for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
You will get LCD Tv for about 30k from videocon and samsung but not sure if they are HDTVs. check vijay sales or some other outlets.
Guildelines:
>High Defination is ONLY 1024*768 pixels and above. DO NOT GET CONNED and buy a TFT thinking its HD.
>Look for HDMI input.
>evalute performance in low light conditions not in the highly lit showroom conditions.
>carry about your own DVDs to test. The showroom DVDs are high res dvds with slow moving pictures.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
THANKS A LOT SHAUNAK:) can u pls tell me what is hdmi input? THANKS AGAIN are the 29 inch flat crt tv hdtv?

K

krazyfrog

HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. It is used by high definition devices like ps3 or a hdtv to connect to each other. Its kinda like the audio/video input found on most tv.
No, you cannot have an hdtv crt. Its got to be a plasma/lcd. Currently most hdtv's are very expensive (above 75k). I'll advise you to wait atleast a year. Till then they'll become more popular and cheaper.

soham

In the zone
krazyfrog said:
HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. It is used by high definition devices like ps3 or a hdtv to connect to each other. Its kinda like the audio/video input found on most tv.
No, you cannot have an hdtv crt. Its got to be a plasma/lcd. Currently most hdtv's are very expensive (above 75k). I'll advise you to wait atleast a year. Till then they'll become more popular and cheaper.
who said you cant have a CRT HDTV? Many CRT projection TVS are HD. They are cheap as well. you can get a 42" TV for around 60k.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The PS3 is capable of dishing out true 1080p resolutions, and I don't think you get any 1080p/HDMI HDTV for anything less than 200k in India. The best HDTVs one can go in for right now are the 32" LCD HDTVs that cost around 50k and can output at 720p.

soham said:
who said you cant have a CRT HDTV? Many CRT projection TVS are HD. They are cheap as well. you can get a 42" TV for around 60k.

Incidentally, CRT TVs aren't HD. What you mean are DLP TVs. True HD resolutions are only available on DLP/Plasma and LCD HDTVs.

soham

In the zone
But I found a CRT projection TV from Samsung which supports HD. Check out the Samsung Website. DLP TVs are far more costlier.

K

krazyfrog

soham said:
But I found a CRT projection TV from Samsung which supports HD. Check out the Samsung Website. DLP TVs are far more costlier.
There's no such thing as a crt projection tv. Crt are different and projection tv are different. Crt or cathode ray tube tv uses a cathode tube to beam a picture on the screen which is usually coated with a substance like phosphorous. Our regular tv are actually these crt. In a projection tv there is a projector that uses a system of prism lens to display an image on screen. They are called rptv or rear projection tv. DLP are also kind of projection tv. Hope that clears your doubts.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
i think soham is talking about this ..
*www.samsung.com/in/products/tv/flattv/slimfittv/ws_32z30he.asp
actually i own this piece of widescreen
and it's only good for EDTV and not HDTV
and finally theres no meaning in a CRT HDTV..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom