HDD Getting Hotter.............Plz Suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey frndz...............I do dwnld whole nite............but my problem is my hdd gets very hot even I can't touch the lower part...................but other components do not get hot so much. Is this normal for a hdd??? Plz suggest as soon as u can. I keep one side of my cabinet always open.

sibot

I did it all for d n00ki3
Hard disks are meant to get hot, but if you find it getting extremely hot, I would suggest you use a Hard Disk cooler fan. Its available in the market and helps keeping your hard disk cool. But I really don't think it should be a problem since hard disk heating is quite normal. Overheating affects CPU mostly. You can also download a hard disk temperature monitor tool to keep a check on your hdd.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I keep one side of my cabinet always open.

read the sticky post :) in hardware section Overheating problems

now try and get your self few cabinet fans, if cabinet supports the 120nn or if not then smaller 90mm or such :)

Rs. 30 for the smaller cabinet fans in Chadni :) incl 4 screw :)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
if you have got a intel mother board they provide you with one temp monitoring software

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
offtopic: I have purchased a small table fan exclusively for cooling my HDD. I have removed both the side coverd of my cabinet and my fan points to my HDD and processor.

Also I have not kept my cabinet in the small space that is provided for it. That small space just prevents ventilation.

cooldip10

In the zone
that temp. is too high for any hard disk..
Mine remains around 38-42 C.
Check your ventilations properly and try keeping it clear...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Also check that the SMPS(power supply) fan is working properly. May be that if it fails, it hampers the circulation of hot air from SMPS and thus indirectly hampers ventilation around the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom