Hdd casing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tech.com hdd case.It has a power connector and a usb connector.a 40 gb hdd is connected.There is a sliding switch to turn off the usb cased hdd.so do i have to turn it on and off every time i switch on and switch off the computer.there is no help mannual provided with the hardware.

AlienTech

In the zone
You should get an icon on windows task bar that you can right click and disconnect the device before powering it down. You do that so the system will write out all data to the device. But other than that USB devices don't have any problems with powering on/off whenever.

OP
G

Godhatesusalllll

Broken In
AlienTech said:
You should get an icon on windows task bar that you can right click and disconnect the device before powering it down. You do that so the system will write out all data to the device. But other than that USB devices don't have any problems with powering on/off whenever.

What about the switch at the back of the HDD casing. Should i switch it on and off every time i switch on/off my system

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
To be on the safer side, I would say that you should switch the drive off. Follow what AlienTech said to safely disconnect your drive and then power it off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom