HDD Blues NEED HELP ON URGENT BASIS.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

dearrm

Right off the assembly line
Respected members pls help , I have 80 gb HDD with four PArtions with two operating system. C: (98SE 10GB) , D:(XP PRO 10GB) , E:(10GB) , F:(45 GB) . NOW THE PAIN IS THAT I AM FULL WITH MY D: DRIVE AND JUST LEFT WITH .7 GB I AM USING WIN XP PRO AND CANT SWITCH TO 98SE BY ANY MEANS NEITHER CANT FORMAT THE DISK AND DO THE REPARTIONING DUE TO THE WORK I DO AND LACK OF TIME . PLS SUGGEST ME IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN INCREASE THE HDD SPACE OF MY D: PARTION I CAN MANAGE TO FINISH ANY PARTION ON HDD PLS SUGGEST . I WOULD BE REALLY THANKFUL !!!!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
There is always a chance of things going wrong while partitioning drives that have data on them. But if you had to partition, Partition Magic is the safest option. It is extremely easy to use.

See that you have uninterrupted power while using Partition Magic. If there's a power failure and your UPS runs out while Partition Magic is running you'll end up with a corrupted HD which will require a reformat. End result - Lost data.

Take care,
Keith

AlienTech

In the zone
Just move your Swap file to another drive, you can move almost anything to another drive with winxp. Except the hybernate file (hiberfil.sys). I do this because in case the drive shuts down It wont spend 2 hours to reboot because some temp files were corrupted when the machine powered off. I use a partition to store the internet explorer temp files and other temp files. This way I can also back up the main windows XP drive onto another small drive adn it won thave to copy all the useless garbage with it.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If you never want to use partition Magic due oto the fear of losing something you could always sit down and uninstall those unwanted apps in xp and place them on another drive :D . Although not a very convienent way of doing it, the same will work .... I recall doing this to one of my systems since I didnt have access to Partition Magic then .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom