Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
This is basically a question which has plagued many of us Tech Geeks since we saw the HD content.

1. How are normal movies converted to HD?
  2. Is it a software process or some special Hardware is needed?
  3. If a software then please name it?
  4. Heard about "Tinyrips"?
Hope to get some quick and good replies soon:smile:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
those movies are really shoot at much higher resolutions nd they scale down to fit in DVDs.
Its much easy for them to release the HD versions of them.
Nowadays most of the movie cams are capable of shooting at much higher resolutions than 1080p and they are saved in raw formats.
They can later just encode it to whatever formats they need inorder to fit in curresponding discs like BD, DL DVD, DVD etc.

thats wat i know..actually there are much more things, but we dun need to know all these.
The best quality copy we can get on market is 1080p on a BD or HVD disc.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I get that but is there any software to do so? Tinyrips mentioned by is a Torrent release group who, believe it or not, deliver 720P HD movies in sizes less than 700MB:eek:. Till now they have released only 2 movies, 300 and V for Vendetta.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Those can't even be called HD.A movie compressed to such levels are not that promising.I guess you are talking about mHD or mini HD.These are high levels of compression applied to the movie to strip their sizes down to 700MB.Good quality 720p HD movie start from 4.3GB onwards.;)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Below is the movie's details
Video Source: 1080p Region 1
Video Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Video Framerate: 23.976 (NTSC FILM)
Audio Source: 5.1 AC-3
Audio Language: English
Movie Length: 1:56:32

Video Container: MKV (Matroska)