HCL launches MiLeap Ultra Portable and most affordable laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuvb101

Broken In
Hindustan Computers Limited, alias HCL have a good understanding about the need of Indian community. They had always tried to introduce world class products in India at a price, most affordable to the Indian Market. HCL is India's own IT service provider and premier ICT System Integrator and Distribution Company. Aiming to make common man's dream a reality, HCL Infosystems Ltd, on 15th January 2008, has introduced an Ultra Portable range of laptops - HCL MiLeap.
This makes it clear that Intel's Classmate PC type laptops are not for students anymore. MiLeaps have the look and feel of a Classmate PC. It is totally a different product, said George Paul, Executive Vice President at HCL Infosystems. HCL claims that there is very little in common between its MiLeap Laptops and Intel's Classmate PC. In contrast, both have similar specifications like the LCD display, the processor, the flash memory used for storage and also the chipset used which is Intel 915GMS. But the new product - MiLeap -offers its users, complete mobile internet experience combined with PC functionality at an affordable price.
"As an Indian company, we at HCL have a vision of empowering the nation through the adoption of IT at all levels. This new category, backed by HCL’s reach through its nation wide distribution, service and support network will revolutionize the PC penetration in India and brings us a step closer to this vision", said Mr. Ajay Chowdhary, CEO, HCL Infosystems Ltd.
MiLeap Ultra Portable Laptops has 3 models in that range - MiLeap X, Y and V. All these will be available for purchase from January 26th onwards. MiLeap X is priced less than Rs. 15,000/-, MiLeap Y is priced a little below Rs. 30,000/- and MiLeap V is priced a little above Rs. 30,000/-.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Well I tried my hand at these machines at Croma. The cheaper on is like Yuck but the tablet thing looks decent enough. In both cases, screen is too small.

Did anyone here buy it?

bal1961

Broken In
i purchased 4 days before with Vista..
Heat if very much,
slow when connected thro bluetooth relaince handset..
but nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom