Status
Not open for further replies.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
I stay in bvoriwali east and i am aware of only one broadband service in my area ie my local cable operator with hathway.
They are offering a 256kbps connection with a download limit of 1024 mb for Rs 500 per month.
Though i dont like the idea of the limited bandwidth but still i am willing to
subscribe.
But i want to know whether the connection would be 256 kbps as they claim.
Anyone using hathway please let me know if it is really worth it.
Are there any hidden charges.
How would the speed be?
OR
Do i have any other broadband option with unlimited usage .
Please let me know.
Thanx in advance

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
According to me 1 GB for 500 bucks is a ripoff irrespective of the speed. Please clarify whether 1 GB is the download limit or the data transfer limit. There is a very big difference between the two. A lot of ISP's use this to rip people off.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
No its not worth it. Look for alternatives. Also clarify completely with ur operator. before getting a pack. They will go into any limits to make us a fool.

Hidden charges maybe in the form of Installation and Registration. Try to get a pack from company directly instead of cable operators.

Charley

Just Do It
Here in blore my friends have shifted from hatway to airtel, bsnl but knowing ur constraints u might want to confirm with the provider of the other charges inclusive of the connection. Also u might try a dial up conection for temporary period.

regarding the speed on bsnl I am supposed to get 256kpbs but i get about 180-200kpbs i.e my system is an old one so the change will happen. The speed here on hathway is not exact as they say.

magnet

Youngling
amit u stay in mumbai dont go 4 hathway.....i m the subscriber.......day by day they r becoming pathetic..........only if u r not a download hardcore...u can go well with the restriction plan...and if u want to go 4 unlimited plan.....try other options........also dont go 4 sify.......or verify service in your area....in many area they sucks....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
hathway sucks!!!! bloody looters!!!!! its more of hathAWAY than hathway... every second day thy hv some shit maintainence work and net is off.... complete chors :|

OP
A

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
I m bored of dialup.
Hmm think ill buy another modem and dial two isp s at once.
Will that double my dialup speed??

expertno.1

Technomancer
the best solution

get a gprs phone (like G3100 rs. 4700)

get airtel as service provider and use unlimited internet access with no limits!!!

get dialup speed in day time and 10-20 kbps in night

enjoy!!!!!

bharat_r

In the zone
I'm in chennai.
hathway connection in chennai is fine,no net intreption.only problem was that a few months back,the account status was not getting updated.Now it's working fine.Also good speeds better than BSNL's broad band.Also upload is free.

They have introduced a plan called Freeway.
256kbps-unlimited download for Rs950/month

bharat_r

In the zone
I have also found out how to find others account balance without requiring password.

I haven't told hathway about this security hole.

Anyone wants theire account balance,give ur id to me :)

bharat_r

In the zone
sorry,it's not a security hole.I tried it with the user name which was PMed to me.But it didn't work

This is how it works:

*mq.hathway.com/Reports/ServiceUsageReport.asp?USERNAME="your user name here"

paste this link to ur browser and type ur user name without quotes in USERNAME=

But this is IP specific.It works only from ur IP.
I tried this at my friends PC with his id,it works but with my id it doesn't work.

So,if ur lazy to enter the username & password in the login at the hatheway site-Create a link in ur favourties with the above link & put ur user name.It quicker.no need to enter password each time.

Charley

Just Do It
mail2and said:
hathway sucks!!!! bloody looters!!!!! its more of hathAWAY than hathway... every second day thy hv some **** maintainence work and net is off.... complete chors :|

Whats the transfer limit u get there ? Here its 250mb or a bit more. With that one cannot even check the emails for 3 or 4 days.

Charley

Just Do It
bharat_r said:
For me ,I currently have 1GB for Rs.500/month.

When did they increase the limit? Here the jerks have the same limit and what more their service is pathetic. :x

_timbuktoo

Broken In
Check out the new offer from MTNL - 590 bucks - 256 kbps - 500 MB daytime download - UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD DURING NIGHT ( 12.00 - 8.00 )

This is by far the best offer I have come across :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom