Has Mic-r0$0ft started raids on dealers selling non genuine 0ff|CE SU|T

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Is this true...

As i heard that 7-8 computer dealers were caught in the city for this....?

So u should start using the original

praka123

left this forum longback
Yeah,switch to Linux or use openoffice.org :) problems solved :)
yes,for M$, NASSCOM is conducting raid on major compu dealers.also cybercell of police is also in sync with NASSCOM raids.

azzu

AJJU
^^ ya 2-3 months agao sum microsoft and Adobe officials raided here Internet cafe's and sum Computer shop's
max Computer shop's were closed btw those days :(

din

Tribal Boy
Three - Four yrs back, in Cochin, Kerala, they conducted raid, lot of shop keeprs etc came to ILUG office that day !

praka123

left this forum longback
well,Im using Debian Sid GNU/Linux.and what about u windows user(pirated or not),are u shifting to Linux :) :?:

praka123

left this forum longback
Debian,the father and mother of Ubuntu,mint,mepis and others.It is the great Debian.
rock stable =Debian Etch
read:
*debian.org
^for intermediate and advanced users.i am using Debian Sid which means latest softwares and daily updates.u cant afford it.better use Debian Lenny(testing) DVD :)
I may help u after u install if u want.

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey i know ubuntu is based upon debian...

but i do not know abt debian sid GNU..

what do uu mean by "u cant afford it"

is it paid one/??

praka123

left this forum longback
hehehe!debian is not anytime paid,u may want to read DFSG:
*www.us.debian.org/social_contract
^i mean the daily updates for debian sid of approx 30MB+.U can learn more about different debian distros here:
*www.us.debian.org/distrib/packages
stable one=Etch(old packages,stable and more used in servers and mission critical applications),Testing=Lenny(moderate updates,recent packages),Unstable=sid(daily updates! and mostly up2date s/w),experimental repository.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@arunks:ubuntu is based on debian.its not paid,you're free to use it.Debian is not for noobs,its for intermediate and power linux users.

what prakash is saying in that if you want to try debian then use debian etch cos it is very stable.sid is still in development(in beta stages) and requires you to download heavy updates each day which is too much for normal day-to-day users.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
azzu said:
^^ ya 2-3 months agao sum microsoft and Adobe officials raided here Internet cafe's and sum Computer shop's
max Computer shop's were closed btw those days :(

Who gave the companies, authority to conduct the raids, we have the courts and police for that?
How can microsoft and Adobe officials raid without anything from court?

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^NASSCOM does that for these companies to gain the goodwill and goodname from US and M$ for IT in India! :)
Microsoft only send letters/e-mails threatening to sue the dealers,IT companies who uses pirated windows,office etc.(I know it!) :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^somebody tell M$ and adobe that piracy is the sole reason why everybody in India knows about windows and photoshop!I mean how many of photoshop users can actually pay 30k each year for it?

Though I agree that if you're using the software commercially then you should pay for it ethically.In short companies should either pay for the softwares\os or they should use open source alternatives.

azzu

AJJU
Kumar mohit about ur Reply but
they sure raided sum Cafe's and sealed or taken away the Pc's and issued sum k's of fine and i think Sum special party Police was with them
not much sure about this info but yes they did raided and my Local internet Owner asked me to install Linux(UBUNTU) but once i went there with Cd's he said the were off the Town and used XP $$PIRATED$$

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
M$'s loss is Linux's gain so be happy.

All we want is a fair market without any monopoly.Monopoly kills innovations and is generally bad for consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom