Has anyone using Windows Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

escape7

What? Where? How?
Dude it is yet to be released, and is already in discussion, why don't u search for it?

cheetah

In the zone
Tried Longhorn.....

Even Bill Gates hasnt.....

*www.sevillagrande.org/foro/style_emoticons/default/meparto.gif

V

vimalonline

its released

stalin said:
I heard a Beta version of Longhorn is realsed found in lot of p2p share.

MS Longhorn beta version has been released.....

kiran_k

Broken In
guys longhorn will take some time to release, but before that save huge money coz many of us will require mammoth upgrades to see that longhorn is working fine.
They say min Ram is 512MB.
and looks and feel is great. just saw a few snapshots. its going to blow competetion away, in the looks arena.

Delpiero

Journeyman
kiran_k said:
guys longhorn will take some time to release, but before that save huge money coz many of us will require mammoth upgrades to see that longhorn is working fine.
They say min Ram is 512MB.
and looks and feel is great. just saw a few snapshots. its going to blow competetion away, in the looks arena.

Longhorn requires a good GPU too not only 512 of RAM. Min. requirement is FX 5200. It's going to be a visual treat.

suhasingale

Journeyman
The beta version is released and i m downloading it now from the microsoft site itself, Will comment on it after installing.

veddotcom

Journeyman
Hey DUDE......... which file u r downloading from microsoft website it is not windows long horn...... it is windows 2003 server family edition....i have allready downloaded that file from same link....

samjkd

Broken In
Hai all

I installed Long Horn beta last year. It has some new graphical feautres but its terribly slow. It was designed for hardware that will be present at 2006

anishcool

TE God
samjkd said:
Hai all I installed Long Horn beta last year.

Dude, to my knowledge Longhorn beta was released a few weeks back. Dunno how you got it last year, until and unless somebody u know is lead developer at microsoft :wink:

Anyways, after downloading the file how do you burn it onto a cd ? :?

cheetah

In the zone
I t will run on old systems too....But that will be like using Windows XP, to get full chills and thrills u need good system..

samjkd

Broken In
Hai all
Dude, to my knowledge Longhorn beta was released a few weeks back. Dunno how you got it last year, until and unless somebody u know is lead developer at microsoft Wink

Anyways, after downloading the file how do you burn it onto a cd ? Confused

its not a beta version, its a preliminary version, Distributed at the
Microsoft Professional Developers Conference (PDC)
October 2003

anishcool

TE God
samjkd said:
its not a beta version, its a preliminary version, Distributed at the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference (PDC)
October 2003

C'mon man, how the hell did Microsoft distribute any version of Longhorn in Oct 2003.

Whats wrong with you :shock:

cheetah

In the zone
Longhorn beta 5048 was released a day before the start of WinHEC 2005.

Source : *it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/26/1652253&from=rss

The company has said publicly that Beta 1 of Longhorn would arrive by the end of 2005, though internally, the company has been aiming for a release by midyear. The final version of Longhorn is slated for the second half of next year.

Source : *news.com.com/Microsoft+Longhorn+beta+will+arrive+by+June/2100-1012_3-5566423.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom