Harry Plodder and the OotP - Really short movie review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Just got in from HP5- Brothers, it is a sweeeeeet movie. Really, really good - five stars all the way, except for Harry - he definitely needs to attend acting school. The best - Snape (bad-assed as ever, the biatch!!! supersweet), Dumbledork (He is one d00d, the expressions on the chaps face are amazingly menacing, esp when he's standing on one leg, with his head tilted to one side, and giving the camera his Look), Gred and Forge Weasely, that Umbridge lady acted well too, very well - really did the role to perfection, and Luna Lovegood - man, what.a.nutter!!!. I was surprised, the minors completely overshadowed the three main characters! Oh, and lupin and mad-eye put in their bit with style too, only they didn't have much to do, sadly. Neville looks like a real bad-ass in this movie, dark and brooding - think he sat through too many of radcliffe's takes. Oh, and the absolute greatest treat - TONKS is HOT!!! I'm talking grade 2 burns, total <sizzle!!> and what not. Definitely a movie you have to check out!!!

Cheers,
DP

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i had seen the first day first show and i agree the movies was really good. maybe they should have extended it just slightly more but anyways i really enjoyed it. emma watson as expected looked stunning. luna lovegood looked very cute and I 100% agree with u that tonks is really HOT.

sandeepk

Journeyman
They only included important parts in that movie. Could have been much better. Though movie does not suck but really is not upto the expectations.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
actually i feel however good the movie is made, it'll never be up to expectation. even if george lucas or spielberg direct the movie, they'll never satisfy those who read the books

OP
Cyclone

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Absolutely...which is why I say to all the couch-potatoe-remote-junkies there - GO READ A BOOK, MORONS!!! :D

@Sandeepk - well, you're talking about compressing that big, huge tome into a movie...if they included everything, it'll be a friggin' documentary!!! Under the circumstances, they've done an excellent job!

PS- Just finished reading the 7th book. Read the e-book, though (offa bittorrent :D ), so i'm not going to comment- only the printed books give you real mazaa! No fun reading it off the screen - its like a rolling factoid - absolutely emotionless. But I must confess - I'm rather disappointed. It did not live up to my expectations at all. It was just an incoherent mass of plot-tying-up and sorting out, and things just worked out okay in the end, like they had to. No fun at all. And the character deaths, which used to be amongst the most stirring parts of the books, were handled rather shoddily, IMO. Thrown in your face. Same goes for the rest of the book - infact, most of it just boils down to pure, straight luck. Enough for ten people. All in all, thumbs down. This one ranks below the 3rd, 5th, and 6th books, though not in that order. JKR, you disappointted me. <shakes head sadly>
'Night, brothers. Tomorrow morning at eight I board the train to delhi, and then on to college. Its been a great three months at home, I have no idea how time flew, and it really sucks, going back to college. I wish I was in hogwarts <sighs>
Peace, y'all. Next post - 25th. DP Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom