Harrased by Unwanted Bank calls ! Here the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
ICICI, Citibank, HDFC and HSBC had already introduced a feature back in 2006 that you can register your name and mobile number in their 'do not call list' and the telemarketers of those banks will not disturb you regarding any of their products. I have registered mine and believe me, I do not get telemarketing calls at all.8)

OP
devauniversal

devauniversal

Tech Savvy
digitized said:
ICICI, Citibank, HDFC and HSBC had already introduced a feature back in 2006 that you can register your name and mobile number in their 'do not call list' and the telemarketers of those banks will not disturb you regarding any of their products. I have registered mine and believe me, I do not get telemarketing calls at all.8)

you mean to say that you wont even get calls regarding any offers or promotions that happen in their bank ..

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^No...I only get occassional calls from ICICI Bank (maybe once in 3-4 months) regarding some offers for savings bank account customers as I am a account holder of ICICI bank...No other calls.

iamtheone

Journeyman
these calls are annoying and irritating .i remember an incident,once such a call came and i picked up the phone(as usual) and a gal started blah blahing......after she thrusted almost all their schemes and plans and what not in my unwilling ears i finally got the chance to say something...i told her that i am just 16 and she got the wrong person to oofer a loan....so what this gal says is "sir we do offer student loans too"..........:lol: :lol:

PS-obviously i stammered the reciever back

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^Ya, it can be done. Even after registering your name in a particular bank's 'do not call list', the telemarketers of the bank call you, then you can sue the bank.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Sorry Mate... No the rule is in any way u registter ur name or not, no Bank or any other service provider isnt allowed to call u, Please go through TRAI rules *www.trai.gov.in/Default.asp to read the circuler... :D

The rules said, that Bank can call u only after u register ur name to receive such call...

and here they present the thing in front of us totally reverse !!!

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom