hardware update???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
As you buy an OS or a software or a game, they (manufacturers) issues update now & then. But what happens at the time of hardware’s.

They are making games or software that going to need double power than today’s systems. Honestly we just can’t resist our self to buy those things.

It’s true that as new comer you can get a new system under 20g may be at 15g. It will do office job fine but what about fun??? Today’s desktop has transformed it self to an entertainment machine so you will going to need lot more than (20g) that to satisfy you hunger.

I remember few years back I had a P-III 800 with 128MB by spending 35g. Its not long I replaced it with an AMD 2600 with 256MB by another 35g but by looking to the upcoming games I know it’s not long that I have to find another 35-40g for upgrade again.

I wish like software, hardware also had upgrade option. I mean if you buy a 512MB DDR today, company will make it a 1GB DDR-2 after 1.5 years.

Once I read in digit one guy from Intel predicted “processing (computer) power will get double every 18 month�. His prediction came true. I wonder why didn’t he said that day that the “buying power of people will also get double every 2 years�.

What do you think?

swatkat

Technomancer
saurav_cheeta said:
I wish like software, hardware also had upgrade option. I mean if you buy a 512MB DDR today, company will make it a 1GB DDR-2 after 1.5 years.

Once I read in digit one guy from Intel predicted “processing (computer) power will get double every 18 month”. His prediction came true. I wonder why didn’t he said that day that the “buying power of people will also get double every 2 years”.

What do you think?
u can not simply upgrade hardwares.as the name says,it is HARDwired :wink: ,that is ,take for example RAM,if u have a 512 MB ram,that means that there a number of memory ICs which in total make up to 512 MB.so if u want to upgrade,u have to put more memory ICs,so that in total make 2GB or whatever.
in the case of HDDs,if u want to "upgrade" to more space,then u have to put more platters to that total size of HDD increases.
But all the above things are not possible,so u have to BUY NEW ones.
also,the guy from Intel is none other than Gordon Moore,Chairman Emeritus of Intel Corporation.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
I guess he means to say what a company can do is take back the old ram n give a new one for a small nominal charge..... lol
xchange offer huh ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom