Hardware monitoring not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramodv1988

Broken In
Recently I checked the BIOS and found that my hardware monitoring wasnt showing any readings. The fan speeds (of all three) were shown 0 RPM even though the fans were running. The temperatures were also not shown.

Any ideas what's the problem ?
Thx

Also my PC hangs randomly and doesnt boot up for the first 3-4 tries. I think the problems may be related.

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
I havent tried everest. Btw where's the detection chip located.
Also any ideas regarding the random hang and failure to bootup. I have tried changing the RAM slots but in vain. Shouldnt the PC emit beeps if there is a fault in the RAM ? That is not happening in my case .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
pramodv1988 said:
I havent tried everest. Btw where's the detection chip located.
Also any ideas regarding the random hang and failure to bootup. I have tried changing the RAM slots but in vain. Shouldnt the PC emit beeps if there is a fault in the RAM ? That is not happening in my case .

faulty ram i dunno , i dont think so coz i had faulty ram and only when installing xp i came to know by a blue screen error . . . i have no idea where its located . . perhaps ur cpu is overheating . .

pushkaraj

In the zone
pramodv1988 said:
Recently I checked the BIOS and found that my hardware monitoring wasnt showing any readings. The fan speeds (of all three) were shown 0 RPM even though the fans were running. The temperatures were also not shown.

Any ideas what's the problem ?
Thx

Also my PC hangs randomly and doesnt boot up for the first 3-4 tries. I think the problems may be related.
Try a fan speed and temperature monitoring tool called speedfan. You can download it from here.

Check if the fan speeds and temperatures are being shown in speedfan 4.32

If the temperatures are not being shown, u can b sure dat the detector chip has gone wrong.

U also said ur pc hangs intermittently. Just to be sure there is no problem with the ram, u can download a memory testing utility from here.
This is an ISO image. Just burn it on a cd in nero and boot from cd and then follow the on-screen instructions to test ur ram.

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
Sorry in replying so late .Thanks for the links. I have tested both memtest and speed fan.
Memtest said 'pass complete no error'.

This is what I get from Speed fan.

*i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/pramodv1988/speedfan.jpg

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
pramodv1988 said:
Sorry in replying so late .Thanks for the links. I have tested both memtest and speed fan.
Memtest said 'pass complete no error'.

This is what I get from Speed fan.

*i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/pramodv1988/speedfan.jpg
Offtopic:Wow the CPU temperature is -128C,what a damn good cooling solution u have got.
Coming back to topic.
I think the monitoring chip has gone.
Give the config buddy maybe then we could find out what monitoring chip u have got and of what quality.

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
Wow..I didn't notice the -128 cooling system. Hehe

By the way the fan1 speed is still being shown 29 RPM. Not at all changing. That's odd. I remember it being higher when checking it a year or so back.
I feel the Detector chip has indeed gone. What's the way to replace it?

Also my PC hangs when it gets slight jerks . Even the closing of the keyboard drawer and doesnt boot up for the first 3-4 tries. I have tried tightening all screws , changed the RAM slot, tried using new IDE wires for HDD. Still problem persists.

This is my system config.

*i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/pramodv1988/info.jpg

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
pramodv1988 said:
Wow..I didn't notice the -128 cooling system. Hehe

By the way the fan1 speed is still being shown 29 RPM. Not at all changing. That's odd. I remember it being higher when checking it a year or so back.
I feel the Detector chip has indeed gone. What's the way to replace it?

Also my PC hangs when it gets slight jerks . Even the closing of the keyboard drawer and doesnt boot up for the first 3-4 tries. I have tried tightening all screws , changed the RAM slot, tried using new IDE wires for HDD. Still problem persists.

This is my system config.

*i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/pramodv1988/info.jpg

The HDD temperature's alright which is monitored by HDD smart capability which is a feature on the Hard drive,so definitely something's wrong with the motherboard.If it's still under warranty u can get a replacement at the Intel service center and I don't think u'll get it repaired anywhere cause these things don't get repaired,only small problems on the mobo gets repaired like capacitors etc which have failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom