Harddisk making sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

official

In the zone
My Seagate 80 gb sata hard disk is 4 months old.Few days ago i brought one of my friends crashed hard disk and installed it in my system.I removed my hard disk before dong so.Now After removing his one and putting back my hard disk i found that my hard disk started making huge spinning sound as "chrrr....chrr....".Before there was no sound.Please help me what to do

Chetan1991

Youngling
I have sympathy with you.This problem has arised in my hard disk too! It makes sound mostly when comp. boots.is it usual or some big problem?pls help both of us! :-(

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@official

PLease re-remove ur HDD and agian connect the cables properly.....tighten the screws...as any loose screws will lead to vibrations......

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Most of the Seagate harddisks are prone to make noise while working, sooner or later. Its not a problem. See a thread running about it here

shantanu

Technomancer
many times it happens that the hdd start making noise after some time , as you said that you removed it and after that it started making noise..

These days mostly all hdd have shock protection , but then also many times they have a shock and the head position is hampered by a minor unnoticable distance , and the hdd starts making noise.. So its not a problem and you cant sort it out..

OP
official

official

In the zone
How to short it out.I want to say that i haven't removed the hdd from cabinet .I just unpluged the power and sata cable.

shantanu

Technomancer
its cant be any shocks !!!!! and i think check your power supply coz !!! many times hardware does nit get ebough power so makes noise!!! what SMPS are you using

shantanu

Technomancer
What power does it offer !! 400 W or ???

well i can just say you to try another SMPS to check this out

on_the_rocks

Broken In
Lucky_star said:
Most of the Seagate harddisks are prone to make noise while working, sooner or later. Its not a problem. See a thread running about it here

Time to loose my Seagate HDD....:D

It is not making any sound as yet......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom